Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Travelling with a 3 year old 2015/4/12 22:15
Hi,

I am going to be travelling to japan in June. We will be travelling as a group of 4 adults and a 3 year old toddler. Just wondering
- Will I be able to travel in a single taxi (I am hoping not to use one but will need to use this option as a back-up plan)
- Would I need to purchase a ticket for my toddler to go on trains or attractions? (I understand entry to Disneyland is free for kids up to the age of 3, inclusive)

Wish me luck!
Pringle
by Pringle (guest)  

Re: Travelling with a 3 year old 2015/4/13 09:38
For trains, you only need to buy a ticket if you use reservedor Green class seats. For unreserved, ordinary class seats, children under 6 travel free.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Travelling with a 3 year old 2015/4/13 14:26
- Will I be able to travel in a single taxi (I am hoping not to use one but will need to use this option as a back-up plan)

Possibly, but it depends on the specific driver whether they will allow the child to lap sit as legally everyone should be wearing a seatbelt.

- Would I need to purchase a ticket for my toddler to go on trains or attractions? (I understand entry to Disneyland is free for kids up to the age of 3, inclusive)

Depends on the attraction, but most are free for very young children. Also you only have to buy a ticket for them if they occupy a reserve or green car seat. They are free if they lap sit though in many cases they can "temporarily" sit in an unoccupied reserved seat if there is an empty one near you.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Travelling with a 3 year old 2015/4/14 20:42
You've had answers re taxis and JR.
For museums, hotels,etc, kids under 6 are almost always free and very well provided for (e.g. Museums often have buggies for your use, etc).
by Winter Visitor (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread