Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tsukiji Market Area in the Afternoon 2015/4/15 05:27
Hello,

I am planning a trip to Japan and on my last day (Tuesday), I am having lunch at Sushi Iwa at noon. After this, I fly out of Narita at 7PM. I will NOT be going to Tsukiji Fish Market at any other point during the trip, but I see that I will be very close to it and have a couple of hours to kill. So that leads me to my question, is it worth a visit to the area post noon?

I just want to kill a couple of hours before I head to Narita for my 7PM flight.

Thanks!
Mukur
by Mukur  

Re: Tsukiji Market Area in the Afternoon 2015/4/15 11:59
It is basically a fish market. But you cant enter the areas used by the staff.
Does going to a supermarket fill you with wonder?

Besides the market there are many small shops and sashimi restaurants.
by joshua hugh (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tsukiji Market Area in the Afternoon 2015/4/15 21:45
I am open to any recommendation as long as I can get to the airport in time :) Supermarket might be a good idea i suppose.
by Mukur rate this post as useful

Re: Tsukiji Market Area in the Afternoon 2015/4/15 22:01
The Tsukiji Outer Market, the part of the market not intended for wholesalers, is worth a visit all on its own, and there are numerous little stalls and tiny shops selling much more than just fish: http://www.whereintokyo.com/venues/25123.html

While a lot of the shops close early (1 or 2pm) some stay open later, so it might be a fun place to check out.

It's also very close to Hama Rikyu Gardens.
by Umami Dearest rate this post as useful

Re: Tsukiji Market Area in the Afternoon 2015/4/15 23:59
Thanks, ill look into that. I hope when you say some stay open later you dont mean 1 or 2 ;)

Ill be doing Hama Rikyu Gardens the day before, but thanks for the suggestion.
by Mukur rate this post as useful

reply to this thread