Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Mass purchases in department stores 2015/5/5 01:37
Hi, I'm a big gundam fan and I'm planning to head to yodobashi akiba to buy gundam model kits. I would like to ask if anyone of u have experience in purchasing large amounts of items from department stores ? Do they wrap it up in a box for u and paste the fragile sticker on it ? I need to noe as I would be checking in all my purchases together with my luggage when I'm leaving Japan. Thanks !
by justintcy  

Re: Mass purchases in department stores 2015/5/5 11:14
Yodobashi Akiba is not a department store. Yodobashi is a discount store.

If you buy one particular Gundam kit for 10 or 20, while Yodobashi has stock, they will place in a box, wrap and put sticker on.
But if you buy different Gundam models for 10 or 20, they are unable to place in a box due to different size. So they are placed in paper or plastic bags.
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

Re: Mass purchases in department stores 2015/5/5 12:23
If you are asking if the shop would do not just regular wrapping but packing well enough to survive overseas shipping, I wouldn't expect it.

As the above poster said, if you buy a full-box quantity of the same merchandise, meaning a minimum full-box lot quantity, so that they can just give you the already packed box that they received from their wholesaler, sealed and everything, that "might" work. But I would not expect them to do any additional cushioning or crating so that is will be fine for overseas shipping.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Mass purchases in department stores 2015/5/5 18:21
Alright, thanks for all the replies, looks like I need to bring an extra luggage for it then.
by justintcy rate this post as useful

Re: Mass purchases in department stores 2015/5/9 03:56
Why donLt you just buy a separate cardboard box and then put your purchased items in there etc.?
by Sokerikukko rate this post as useful

reply to this thread