Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

i wish to experience japan, but....... 2015/5/15 14:30
I am an 18 year old freshmen in college so I don't have any degrees or much of a work experience apart from fast food and so on. I live in Texas at the moment . I only have my native English ...... and my Japanese is pretty much non existing. I am a guy who wants to try experiencing japan and its culture . Can you help me out or is it pretty much impossible right now? also I'm kind of broke right now
by steffan (guest)  

Re: i wish to experience japan, but....... 2015/5/15 16:11
there's always youtube.
by kms (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: i wish to experience japan, but....... 2015/5/15 16:38
Find a part-time job and do your research. That's what I did when I was so motived to go to Europe at 18.
by Uco (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: i wish to experience japan, but....... 2015/5/15 17:06
Finish college first if you're looking to work here.
by Seirin (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: i wish to experience japan, but....... 2015/5/15 21:48
Just because you haven't graduated yet, doesn't mean you won't/can't.
Just because you don't know Japanese now, doesn't mean you can never learn.
Just because you don't have money now, doesn't mean you never will.

You can finish school to get your degree. You can get a job to earn money. If you want to learn Japanese, you can also start learning.

You don't even need to worry about all of these things if your goal is simply to visit Japan. A degree is required to WORK in Japan, but you don't need a degree to VISIT Japan. You also don't need to know Japanese (although it's obviously useful).

If your plan really is to work in Japan, then think seriously about how you plan to do it. Is your degree program going to help get you there? If not, you may want to pursue a different degree. Are you doing any sort of internships or work study that will get you where you want to be?

Whether your goal is to have a great vacation in Japan or work there, setting goals and making a realistic plan on how you're going to make it happen is going to be a lot more helpful than saying it's impossible without even trying. Maybe you can't head to Japan right now, but you CAN go to Japan in the future if you put forth the effort and make it a priority.
by Rabbityama rate this post as useful

Re: i wish to experience japan, but....... 2015/5/16 01:27
i would like to add something to Rabbityama comment if that okay.

Rabbityama: "You also don't need to know Japanese (although it's obviously useful)."
once you leave the big or mid-size city. knowing some kinda of Japanese would be a great help when your visiting small towns.

----------------------------------------------

I agree with everyone.

First thing first, youfre 18 you have 7yrs before that window gtraveling to Japanh close or get harder to travel to Japan. At the age of 25 you should really be starting a career. I wanted to Japan after finishing college.

Listen to Seirin and Rbbityama.

I strongly recommend finishing college first. Why? When youfre traveling though Japan you will meet foreigners who work there. When they hear you already have a college degree or just finish college and have degree. Some will try to set you up with someone who can give you a job. Most likely a teaching job, if your Japanese skills in great you can land an office job. I know, it happen to me, but I was looking for an office job.

If you just want to travel to Japan, Rbbityama is right gYou don't even need to worry about all of these things if your goal is simply to visit Japan. A degree is required to WORK in Japan, but you don't need a degree to VISIT Japan. You also don't need to know Japanese (although it's obviously useful).h

Wish you luck on your trip to Japan.

P.S.
Know how much money to bring for what kind of activities youfre looking to do in Japan.
by Fly (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: i wish to experience japan, but....... 2015/5/16 05:26
Make a budget and allot a portion of your income to that goal. While your funds increase, try to learn the language and study up on places you'd like to visit. By the time you're financially ready to go, you'll have a great sense of where you'd want to go and see and you'll be quite adept at the language, which makes encounters much more rewarding and fulfilling!
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: i wish to experience japan, but....... 2015/5/17 03:50
It has been my experience that young Japanese people want to talk to a tourist in English, French..or other language
by Red frog (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread