Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Parcel sent back to Japan 2015/5/25 22:20
I sent a parcel from japan by EMS on 02/05/2015 the tracking number is CD180941192JP the parcel arrived to France but any notice was sent to my house. I do understand that is not a mistake from japan post but I already complaint to French post and they say they can't do anything and I should contact the japan post . I'm already in France and can't call from France to Japanese post because they don't accept overseas calls .... I don't want the parcel to be sent for free I just want to pay to be resent to the same address as before but I can't reach the post office and I'm sad of losing all my souvenirs from japan . How should I proceed ?
by Michalik  

Re: Parcel sent back to Japan 2015/5/26 11:30
This is a common problem with Chronopost (the French company which handles parcels sent with EMS). Google can tell you many stories similar to yours, and they sadly don't often end well.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Parcel sent back to Japan 2015/5/28 22:36
Michalik,
Please check your message.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Parcel sent back to Japan 2015/5/29 01:27
Its quite un usual i heard that for ist time in my 5 years experiance with ems---my wife send me every month a package through ems to different cities of my country till now i recieved all the packages on time no thing happened to us like that...One time she wanna send me cellphone and on net it show us that package is dispatch from outwards office to destination country but it will delivered to my wife home in Japan twice bcoz there was a cellphone and when she take out cellphone from it-- it will delivered to me with in one week----are you sure there is no electronic item in that-if there will be may be thats why it returns----- the address(from :name --address: Japan) which you write on the package it will be delivered there in Japan again ...if you have a friend or any one there they will send it to you back in the same charge they will not take any more from you....if there is no one of u there then you should try to call to ems office may be they will help you regarding that.
by HlloPaki (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Parcel sent back to Japan 2015/5/29 13:59
Michelik.

I checked the tracking information, and went ahead and called the post offices (the one you sent from, and the international office) and found out that they still are holding the returned parcel in Japan. The instruction you specified seems to have been, though, to "discard the parcel if undeliverable.h

They are holding it for you, at least for another month. And they are keeping a record that someone (myself) called to inquire and expressed an interest to have it sent again, so that they will not destroy it.

What you need to do is this: Take a copy of the post office receipt/label with the tracking number, with the recipient name/address to a large post office in France that handles international parcels, and demand to have an investigation started as to why it was returned to Japan. Be sure to really, really demand an answer and firmly insist on an investigation. Once that inquiry goes through to Japan Post, they should be able to respond through the French postal service that they have the returned parcel in Japan, and if it was French postal servicefs fault, they gmighth be able to re-send.

I have seen bad things happen to parcels from Japan to Europe, and just feel sorry about this. Best wishes.
by AK rate this post as useful

reply to this thread