Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

most interesting places without a listing 2015/6/13 18:43
I ran across a website for nanzoin in fukuoka and was surprised to find that it did not have a page listing on japan-guide. What are some other unlisted treasures that you would recommend for people to visit?
by jasonlong1212 (guest)  

Re: most interesting places without a listing 2015/6/14 17:07
I can list a lot more great spots in Chiba, Saitama and Ibaraki. It's surprising what low amount of places are listed in the greater metropolitan area.
by AlexanderStankov rate this post as useful

Re: most interesting places without a listing 2015/6/14 20:15
I like Gunma Kiryu, I went three times.
Cityscape of Tochigi Prefecture, Tochigi also was good.
Other, and Komagane-Senjojiki curl of Nagano Prefecture.
Venus line following from Lake Suwa.
The Venus line, and the like Tateshina-Shirakaba-Kurumayama-Utsukushigahara Plateau Museum.
Although time congestion road in the summer, views of the broad dwarf day lily and hang glider Kurumayama was nice.
by haro1210 rate this post as useful

Re: most interesting places without a listing 2015/6/15 02:08
You will find a lot of information by brousing through the official website of each prefecture or even each city. Just Google the prefecture/city name to find the website and narrow it down. There are numerous information that can't be squeezed into websites that cover the whole country!

http://www.crossroadfukuoka.jp/en/event/?mode=spotSearch&catll=1&catl=...
by Uco (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: most interesting places without a listing 2015/6/15 21:46
Nanzoin Temple is in Fukuoka Prefecture but not Fukuoka City and is probably not worth giving its own listing. I haven't been to Nanzoin, but it looks similar to Tsubosaka-dera in Takatori (Nara Prefecture).

I also like Tsuyama with its historic district, castle ruins, garden, etc. especially during cherry blossom season.

Maniwa is a hidden gem. It has an excellent outdoor, open-air onsen, great food and the Hiruzen Highlands, a great waterfall, and nice historic town around the station.

Kochi Prefecture obviously has more to offer than just the capital. I'd like to explore more there myself, but Ryugado Cave is great.

There are so many great places, and many cities that are listed have unlisted attractions that are impressive. If they listed everything though, the site would be cumbersome for many to navigate.
by Rabbityama rate this post as useful

Re: most interesting places without a listing 2015/6/15 22:19
This is a very interesting topic!

I myself found Nokogiriyama worth a detour.
by jioruji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread