Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

GoRemit and TD Bank 2015/6/22 21:24
Has anyone used GoRemit to send money to a TD Bank account in the US? I'm having some trouble signing up.

GoRemit requires a SWIFT code, bank name, bank code, bank branch address, and IBAN.

TD Bank in the US states that if you are receiving money from a foreign country in a currency other than USD you must have it sent to TD Bank in Canada first.

TD Bank gave me the following information for TD Bank in Canada...

SWIFT code:TDOMCATTTOR
Bank name: The Toronto-Dominion Bank
Bank branch address: Toronto, Ontario, Canada, M5K 1A2

They then said to list a further credit to my beneficiary bank in the US...

SWIFT code: NRTHUS33XXX
Bank name: TD Bank, N.A.
Bank branch address : 301 Main Street, Paterson, NJ 07505

However, I'm running into some real problems.

GoRemit's application requires a bank code and IBAN. TD Bank says they do not use either of those.

GoRemit's application also does not have a "further credit to" section. They have a section for the beneficiary's name, address, and bank account number. That's for my personal name, address, and bank account number though - not the "further credit to" information TD Bank gave me.

TD Bank hasn't been too helpful since they just keep telling me I don't know the bank code and IBAN when GoRemint won't let me apply without it and that I need list the "further credit to" information, but there's no section for that.

Has anyone here personally used GoRemit with TD Bank?
by 99 Problems and TD Bank is one (guest)  

Re: GoRemit and TD Bank 2015/6/23 21:32
by daai maou (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: GoRemit and TD Bank 2015/6/24 08:38
Not really since it doesn't list a bank code or IBAN and then I still run into the problem of GoRemit not having a "further credit to" section.

I could always have it transferred to my mother's bank account. She is with a different bank, but their website says they do not have an IBAN either and that the majority of bank accounts in America do not participate in IBAN.

If your bank doesn't give an IBAN, can you just put the ABA number in the IBAN section of the GoRemit application?
by 99 Problems (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: GoRemit and TD Bank 2015/6/24 12:00
Bank code is 004.

And it specifically states on that page that TD does not use an IBAN.
by daai maou (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread