Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Where can I buy used cars for a lower price? 2015/6/24 19:59
I'm starting a used car export business in Japan. I would like to know where i can buy used cars and machinery. Are there any websites that i can use? Or newspapers, magazines etc etc?

I'm aware of the auctions, but i need something more direct like craigslist :)
by Rinaz  

Re: Where can I buy used cars for a lower price? 2015/6/25 11:08
Your best bet is the dealer auctions as that's where all the old, salvageable cars go. However note that these are not open to the public so you'll need to figure out how to get access.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Where can I buy used cars for a lower price? 2015/6/25 11:10
you want to start an used car business in Japan and yet you don't even know how to search or look?

to name a few :
http://www.carsensor.net/
http://www.goo-net.com/index.html
http://kakaku.com/kuruma/used/
by .. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Where can I buy used cars for a lower price? 2015/6/25 12:21
Or maybe ..(guest) should read the question all the way through before posting...
by anon (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Where can I buy used cars for a lower price? 2015/6/25 16:12
Haha! Thanks you for your response (guest)

I'm looking for private postings on vehicales, such as in Craigslist, or ebay.

by Rinaz rate this post as useful

Re: Where can I buy used cars for a lower price? 2015/6/25 17:35
Well there is always craigslist, trade magazines and the local classifieds. Prices and availability will probably be hit or miss though. More consistent stock will probably be via the dealer auctions.

Re: Where can I buy used cars for a lower price? 2015/6/25 22:56
if you don't have a licence of 古物商. you may not export used cars from Japan as a business.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Where can I buy used cars for a lower price? 2015/6/25 22:58
What are some good trade magazines?

Re: Where can I buy used cars for a lower price? 2015/6/28 17:29
Just curious as to Where Are you planning on Selling SAID cars, Wouldn’t think there would be much of A Market for right hand drive cars in the US !!!
by Jack (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Where can I buy used cars for a lower price? 2015/6/28 20:14
Well.... There is a niche market in US, but there are plenty of other countries which drives right hand.

Re: Where can I buy used cars for a lower price? 2015/6/29 15:37
Didn't realize you were from the US. Better look carefully into the trade tariffs, cause as far as I understand it generally isn't cost effective to import Japanese cars into the US unlike countries like Australia where there is a booming market for second hand Japanese cars.

Re: Where can I buy used cars for a lower price? 2015/6/29 21:07
Yes, Australia and countries in Asia are good Markets. I also deal with industrial vehicles and Machines like excavators, wheel loaders, and forklifts. Thats also something that i'm planning on exporting.
Sidenote - if any of you guys have or know anyone who has anything for sale, please let me know!
I'll be happy to give you a shoukai ryo if the deal comes through:)

reply to this thread