Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Problem buying a Motorcycle in Japan 2015/8/4 03:17
Hello everybody!

I've ordered a Honda CRF250M Brand new motorcycle through an agent in Japan.And he told me that I need to pay below charges in addition to bike's body price.I dont believe my agent and i dont think these are mandatory charges.because the agent's task is to buy the bike from a shop and EXPORT it to Sweden where i live in without riding it in Japan.Could you kindly help me with this matter?

登録代行手数料        ¥24000
納車整備手数料        ¥28000
自賠責保険          ¥9510
ナンバー代            ¥520

Kind Regards.

/Krish
by Krish (guest)  

Re: Problem buying a Motorcycle in Japan 2015/8/4 15:06
These look like the normal costs charged by the shop when selling a bike. It doesn't matter where the agent plans to ship the bike to, the shop will still charge these fees, which include servicing the bike before selling and dealing with the paperwork, etc. that comes with buying and selling any vehicles in Japan. Beyond making sure the sale is legal, the shop your agent is buying the bike from doesn't care where the bike ends up, so it doesn't matter if the final buyer is in Japan or Switzerland. You can try to argue them, but more than likely it doesn't matter who is buying or selling, these fees will always be charged. There isn't much you can do.
by scarreddragon rate this post as useful

Re: Problem buying a Motorcycle in Japan 2015/8/4 17:09
個人で新車を輸出することは出来ません
新車(未登録車)を輸出することが出来るのは自動車メーカーだけです
ディーラーは個人に未登録のクルマは売ってくれません
クルマはナンバーが付いた時点で中古車です
個人での輸出はすべて中古車ということになります
そのクルマを抹消登録することになります(輸出抹消といいます)
no one, except for motorcycle manufactures, can export a new motorcycle.
dealers never sell a new one without registration.
you can export the used motorcycle, after a new one is registered and the registration is cancelled.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread