Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Sake bottles with contents from temple 2015/10/31 07:19
Hi,
I went to Kirishima jingu this week sawing what I believe was sake cups and a small cup for pouring it up, not like a glass bottle but more white porslean.

When packing it in my suitcase today I noticed a squashy sound inside. I thought it was my water bottle I heard when carrying it in my backpack but figured it was some liquid inside.

Could this be sake or is it something else?

by Veri (guest)  

Re: Sake bottles with contents from temple 2015/11/1 14:46
I'm not sure if I understand the question, but I'm sure that by now you've unpacked and found out the answer yourself.
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: Sake bottles with contents from temple 2015/11/1 15:12
No, I have not unpacked it yet. I thought if someone had been to Kirishima jingu and knew what I was refering too.
by Veri (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Sake bottles with contents from temple 2015/11/1 18:13
Okay, I've never been to Kirishima jingu (which I believe is not a "temple"), and if I were you I'd unpack right away before everything gets soaky wet or even sweatened.

Re: Sake bottles with contents from temple 2015/11/1 18:40
Well I meant, the bottle is not unpacked. I had it wired in loads of plastic bags.

If you haven't been to Kirishima jingu, then maybe someone else knows? I thought I had taken a picture of the place where the bottle was sold but apparently thought it was too holy so I didn't.

Re: Sake bottles with contents from temple 2015/11/1 21:41
are you saying Œδ_Žπ,omiki, sake given from the god ?
http://ameblo.jp/sumumu/entry-11733126643.html
the above blog says that it is sweet, and is made from waxy rice. it contains saccharides as additives.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Sake bottles with contents from temple 2015/11/1 23:29

Re: Sake bottles with contents from temple 2015/11/2 02:16
Like I said, I don't understand what your question is. What's shown in your photos is a bottle of sake. It's a porcelain jar with a porcelain lid, and if you bought it from the shrine, then it should contain sake inside. I see no cups, by the way.

First photo:
Œδ_Žπ is "omiki" and it means "holy sake" which is sake that was offered to the gods. It has gained spirit from the gods through the offering, so if you drink it the spirit will also go into your body eventually offering you power.
–Ά“‡_ŽΠ is "Kirishima Jinja" in red letters.

Second photo:
–Ά“‡_ŽΠ

Third photo:
Couldn't view.

Hope it helps in one way or another.

Re: Sake bottles with contents from temple 2015/11/2 13:46
I didnft understand neither at first reading, but I think now the OP means that he thought he bought a vessel for sake, but he found afterward that it contained some liquid inside. So he wondered if it was sake or something else.
We Japanese know that Omiki doesft mean a vessel, but libation, or sacred sake itself. Of course this sake is potable. OP, you drink first contained sake (omiki) to make the vessel empty, then you rinse it with water, afterward you can use it as vessel for sake (or as vase). But attention! this sake is not an ordinary one. It is extremely thick and sweet.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Sake bottles with contents from temple 2015/11/5 10:40
I bought a sake container, and noticed that it sounds like there is liquid inside. Is it sake?

I'm sure the answer is obvious, but couldn't you just open the bottle to confirm yourself?

I could check myself, but I'd rather ask here on the off chance that someone might randomly know

ok then
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

reply to this thread