Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Visa extension 2015/12/23 07:53
Hi every one,

i need to ask some thing i have one year Visa of Japan--i come here on spouse visa and i have some problem thats is i don,t like the attitude and the behaviour of my wife----i am trying to manage with her but what if loose my patient then how can i extend my visa----she is pregnant-----what if we both are seperated in future then the baby of us will give me a visa or not thats my question?
by John (guest)  

Re: Visa extension 2015/12/23 09:24
I'm sorry to hear about your marital problems.

i am trying to manage with her but what if loose my patient then how can i extend my visa

If you divorce before obtaining an extension then you cannot extend your spouse residency. You will have to change to another status based on your own merits.

----she is pregnant-----what if we both are seperated in future then the baby of us will give me a visa or not thats my question?

If you are the sole caregiver, you could qualify to change to a Long Term Resident, however I'm not sure how likely this would be. Dual custody is not possible in Japan, and the courts tend to favor the mother when assigning custody.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Visa extension 2015/12/23 11:10
Thanks for reply what if i stay with my wife and i got my long term visa and if i am paying all the taxes etc after how much time i will apply for permanent visa? and what if once i get my permanent visa then if i give divorce to my wife then in future if i renew my permanent visa there will be any problem in that or not
by John (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Visa extension 2015/12/23 13:30
Thanks for reply what if i stay with my wife and i got my long term visa

If you stay with your wife then you will continue to have residency as a Spouse, not as a Long Term Resident, which is a special residency class.

how much time i will apply for permanent visa?

Typically 3 years minimum if you are recently married. As little as 1 year if you've been married for several years before moving to Japan.

and what if once i get my permanent visa then if i give divorce to my wife then in future if i renew my permanent visa there will be any problem in that or not

Permanent Residency is just that, permanent. It doesn't require renewal the same way that spouse residency does, so you could stay in Japan indefinitely.

Re: Visa extension 2015/12/23 14:03
i have been married since from 2 and half years now---i basically belongs from srilanka and my wife is from philppines----but i come to japan 7 months ago before that i stay in My country Srilanka and we got married there--------------now the question is that i will stay here in Japan for 3 years and after that i will apply for a permanent residence or when 3 years of the marriage will complete then i will apply thanks i will appreciate it once again thanks

Re: Visa extension 2015/12/23 14:54
I'm sorry I presumed your wife was Japanese since you mentioned a spouse visa. Are you on a dependent visa instead?

If so, you need to wait 10 years (or about 9.5 considering you've been here 7 months) before you can get permanent residency.

Re: Visa extension 2015/12/23 15:29
haaaaaaa!!!!

10 years but i think its to much----her grand father was japanese and she is permanent residence----i have a visa of spouse of permanent residence---i think 10 years are to much -----any other way to become permanent

Re: Visa extension 2015/12/23 16:24
yllwsmrf thanks for your replying there is some thing that i will share it here with you my wife got marry before with some one else in philppines and she has a daughter from his ex husband she take divorce then and get marry to me-----now the thing i want to discuss that th daughter age of my wife is 15 and she born in Philppines and she come to Japan like 4 years ago and now she is permanent residence of Japan so if for the kid of my wife go like that then why for me 10 years? we are living together and she will give birth to my kid here in japan soon if you know some thing please advise please

Re: Visa extension 2015/12/23 16:54
Looking into it further, it seems I've made a mistake and spouses of permanent residents may be able to obtain PR themselves after 3 years, similar to those married to Japanese nationals.

Re: Visa extension 2015/12/23 16:54
Btw, you mention that your wife was married before in the Philippines? I'm wondering how she was able to qualify for a divorce, mainly because that could potentially affect your residency status.

Re: Visa extension 2015/12/23 17:14
yllwsmrf she get annulment like 4 and half year ago----i think that will not effect any thing because if it effect some thing the immigration of Japan will never allow me to enter in Japan--my wife get an eligibility for me---- -------i m just asking for an information if suppose well hope fully everything will become fine may be she is hyper some times of pregnancy---hope every thing will go fine and i will try to give her more chances because i don,t wanna loose her----hope the baby bring lot of happiness in our life---thanks once again

Re: Visa extension 2015/12/26 01:38
i think you should get ready for the immigration authorities to detain you. something like 50% of all the people being detained in japan at the moment fit cases matching yours - sri lankan man with philippine wife who had a visa / pr via marrying a japanese man then divorcing him

japanese immigration is deporting everyone who even looks like your case.

if you have a visa now you'd better hang on until you can get PR or they'll cut your visa and probably detain you at the same time.
by Anonymous (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Visa extension 2015/12/26 13:25
Anonymous thanks for your reply but our marriage didnot based on contract marriage and i get you what you are going to say but the big proof of our relationship before my visa expire she will give birth to my baby--and she is using my surname on passport by the way i think i will not need this any more every thing goes back normal in my life again she cares for me some time she behave bad but may be because of lot of stress and pregnancy to-any ways thanks to you all

reply to this thread