Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Birthday dinner with a view max 30,000 yen 2016/1/25 20:44
Hi there!

I'm travelling to Japan in two months and I'm looking for a nice restaurant, most preferably with a view, in Tokyo for my partner's birthday dinner. I came across the New York Grill at Park Hyatt and the Tapas Molecular Bar but they are actually slightly out of my budget. I'm able to spend \30,000 (maybe \35,000) for the complete dinner (incl. service and tax which sometimes runs up to a total of 20%), and would like at least a bottle of wine to go with the food.

I'm thinking of Kozue at Park Hyatt, which, if we opt for the tasting menu, would fit within my budget.

Anyone has a better idea or recommendation that I can check out?
by BudgetFoodie (guest)  

Re: Birthday dinner with a view max 30,000 yen 2016/1/26 14:28
I'm afraid I have no recommendations along the lines of your preferation, but you might want to keep in mind that making reservations for high floors have the risk of getting a foggy view when the weather is not good. And spring is indeed a foggy/rainy time of the year as opposed to winter.

That's the reason I prefer lower floor lunches with a view or a tiny homey kind of place with a great chef and caring hostess for my birthdays.

I hope someone can help you.
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: Birthday dinner with a view max 30,000 yen 2016/1/28 19:26
I guess this place is with "a view" that is a bit different from what you are thinking :) but the food is good - nothing to "wow" you, but I've never been disappointed at this place.

http://bento.com/rev/1333.html

Italian restaurant in Ginza, on the second floor, and if you manage to get a table by the window, you can look at the traffic of Ginza, and also (I believe) they had cherry trees right in front of the place. The dinner course go up to 10,000 yen per person, so with a reasonable wine, it might work for your budget.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Birthday dinner with a view max 30,000 yen 2016/1/29 04:20
Mori Tower in Roppongi Hills has a restaurant on the 52nd floor. I've never eaten there so I have no idea if it's any good.

http://thesun-themoon.com/en/moon/

Another option would be to have a good dinner somewhere and then go to Tokyo Skytree or Tokyo Tower or Mori Tower or even the Tokyo Metropolitan Government Office Building in Shinjuku for the view.
by daai maou (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread