Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Lost bag 2016/3/8 08:34
My husband and I are traveling here in Tokyo for a month before moving onto Osaka. We were on the wrong line and hastily jumped off the train before realizing we had left a bag on the train! Neither of us speak Japanese well enough to ask them about it so we are hoping to find someone who speaks Japanese who might be willing to make a few calls for us to help us find our items! I would appreciate any help greatly, please PM me or comment if you wouldn't mind doing us a favor, thank you in advance!
by MiraDibbz  

Re: Looking for help! Lost bag! Japanese speaker? 2016/3/8 16:31
All major railway companies in Tokyo have English-speaking staff. Which company was it?
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Lost bag 2016/3/8 17:10
I had similar situation few years back when I left my back in local train when I got off the train in Kyoto station. There was language barriers with many people before I eventually got it back but everybody was also very helpful. Just be patient and don't panic. First you have to find a lost and found office for the railway company you left your bag in. In my case JR West had easy to find lost and found officfe for shinkansens and they directed me to the correct office other side of the station. There we found out which train I was in and they got description of my bag. It took some time since their English was quite minimal, but we got it done. They had some kind of computer system to track lost items and at least it felt efficient. Later at night they had someone with better English to call me and told the bag was found. Unfortunately there was a slight miscommunication and she incorrectly told me it would be in Kyoto station. There with other people and new language barrier it took some ten minutes to figure out that my bag was in Tsuruga station which was the terminus of the line. Well, it was actually quite nice day trip over there and naturally new language barrier when I explained to station staff that they have my bag.

Even with language problems and one mistake everybody was very helpful and professional and I got the bag back. Almost needless to say, nothing was missing but since the bag contained my emergency cash and backup credit card, maybe it is worth mentioning.

Just be calm and work towards the solution. Hopefully you get your bag back.
by Kaarlo (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Lost bag 2016/3/8 21:28
MiraDibbz,

The sooner you take action, the better.
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: Lost bag 2016/3/9 18:35
Just tell me when, where, what type of bag(color, size, anything in the bag?) you have lost in Osaka.
by tokyo friend 48 (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread