Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Question About Kara 2016/3/8 10:49
Hello Everyone.

I did do a search on this topic, but the results didn't quite answer my question so that is why I am posting this now.

I read an example sentence from Rosetta Stone and just want to clarify if I understood the context of the short discussion.

Daughter A: どうしてお父さんは台所にいますか
Daughter B: 料理していますから台所にいます

Now my guess here is that から is used to say because. So here is my guess as a close translation of the sentence would be.

Daughter A: Why is father in the kitchen?
Daughter B: He is in the kitchen because he is cooking.

I'm still getting used to how the word order of sentences goes that is why I'm asking for help on this specific example. Any help offered is appreciated. Thanks in advance.
by ValinEndac  

Re: Question About Kara 2016/3/9 06:05
In that usage of kara, it means "because". As for the sentence structure, the reason is given first, then the outcome. In other words, reason/explanation kara, outcome.
Q: why is dad in the kitchen?
A: because he's cooking, he is in the kitchen.
by K (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Question About Kara 2016/3/9 17:27
Thanks K.

I appreciate the help with that sentence. I'm trying to make sure I don't build any bad habits while studying, so again I do appreciate it.
by ValinEndac rate this post as useful

reply to this thread