Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Food and Restaurants 2016/3/11 12:27
I plan on visiting Central Japan for 14 days in June 2016 and making
Takayama my home base. I understand from blogs there are amazing food and restaurants in Takayama and Kanazawa. However, I fail to find such information in Toyama, Nagano and Matsumoto which places I want to visit. Please advice. Thanks.
by Ronnie Ng (guest)  

Re: Food and Restaurants 2016/3/11 12:39
Have you tried Google?
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Food and Restaurants 2016/3/11 13:04
I've been to Matsumoto a few times. If you like french food, the restaurant at the top of the Buena Vista hotel is just awesome. We ate there like 3 nights in a row it was sooo good. And the chinese restaurant on the ground floor is very special as well.
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Food and Restaurants 2016/3/11 21:50
Thank you for your respond. I will keep those suggestions in mind. However, I want to savor as much as I can to experience all kinds of Japanese cuisine.
by Ronnie Ng (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Food and Restaurants 2016/3/11 23:08
You could just look for the regional food specialties. For Nagano its oyaki (dumplings filled with veggies) and apples. Apples are a fall season fruit here, but you can try apple-flavored goods like ice cream or juice using apples from the area.

For Toyama, Hotaru squid are really famous. You can try eating them raw as sashimi, or made into goods like senbei.
by scarreddragon rate this post as useful

Re: Food and Restaurants 2016/3/12 06:26
Thank you for your input.
I managed to get the info I was seeking on Toyama, Nagoya and
Matsumoto. Much obliged to all who replied. Bye now.
by Ronnie Ng (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Food and Restaurants 2016/3/13 02:45
by clampp (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread