Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

pocket wifi rental 2016/3/21 07:11
I was advised by a friend to order/rent a pocket wifi online before going to Japan since we intend to "do it yourself" touring in osaka and tokyo area. My concern is my arrival time in Kansai airport is 6:30am and I have no way of knowing if the office/store in which i will pick up the unit in the airport is open by that time . LIkewise the company specificed if I am accomodated thru airbnb it is best to have it pick up in the nearest postal office which i am not familiar with since this is our first time travel...can you advise please.... We do not want to get confuse as to traveling so our pocket wifi will be our "security blanket " as to not getting lost...thank you
by Maria (guest)  

Re: pocket wifi rental 2016/3/21 10:36
The Kansai Airport post office opens at 9am (found on the airport website). You could hand around the airport until the post office opens, if you're worried about finding the post office in the city.
by sq (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: pocket wifi rental 2016/3/23 08:42
Many of the wifi rental places have "premium delivery" where you pay extra to have it available for pickup early in the morning. the company should provide you maps for each airport as to were to pickup exactly.

I do this when I arrive early in the morning. I love my safety blanket aka internet connection.
by pig flyin (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: pocket wifi rental 2016/3/24 07:45
Thank you for the helpful information . My concern is I need to place my order of pocket wifi rental online and before I leave for Japan.. My concern is my arrival flight is early 6:30 am and the post office as mentioned where the unit is pick-up opens at 9:00 am. I checked the website of the company and went over their delivery pick up there is no mention of "premium" delivery... There price rental is to me reasonable as compared to the others who charges additional taxes and fees...I tried to email the company but when I press send...Internal service error comes out of the screen...Please advise.
by maria (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: pocket wifi rental 2016/3/24 09:43
Like I said, you could just stay in the airport until 9am if you're really concerned. It's a couple more hours, and there's plenty of stuff to do in the airport (food, shopping, exchange rail passes if you have them, book/purchase transport to the city, buy tickets to local attractions like USJ, pick up tourist information, etc.).
by sq (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: pocket wifi rental 2016/3/24 13:41
Yes I think that is another way of looking at things since we shall not go back to Kansai airport in our itinerary. thanks again...this forum section is indeed helpful and thank you for all the responders in sharing their experience and information.
by maria (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread