Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Japanese name? 2016/3/21 08:17
I met a woman today and I am not sure of her original country. I told her my name and she gestured and said her name was "Nuau" I do not know the spelling but it sounded like "New all". Is this a Japanese name at all?
by g cam (guest)  

Re: Japanese name? 2016/3/21 16:15
assuming she is japanese, her name could be "Nao"
by reprazent rate this post as useful

Re: Japanese name? 2016/3/22 02:49
How would that be pronounced?
by g cam (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Japanese name? 2016/3/22 23:39
Nao is なお in Hiragana same sounds as Roman reading.
Use this C&P then click speeker icon.
http://voicetext.jp/
200 means input text/letter numbers of left.

But no excat her name was "Nao" or not.
Also simlilar sounds "Nau なう(like now)" exist but not so many.
Nao(なお/なほ) is one of popular woman's first name as Japanese.
http://www.piyomama.com/meimei/girl/naha.html
http://name.m3q.jp/list?s=%E3%81%AA&g=2&page=1

However, if answered as "last name" more similar names exist
さの,かの,かのう,やの,たの,たお,なの,はの,わお,はお...
also if not Japanese ...
Chinese and Korean using 2 sounds name a lot than Japanese.
by Elpi (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Japanese name? 2016/3/23 00:15
Being Japanese, the name doesn't really sound like one, but why worry about her origins when you don't even know her enough to ask her yourself?
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: Japanese name? 2016/3/23 00:44
When I told her my name and then she told me her name she replied with "Thank You" in english.
If I could pinpoint her nationality, I could study some words that would be familiar to her and we could communicate. It would be so wonderful.

Re: Japanese name? 2016/3/23 00:46
I tried to ask her her nationality but she did not understand me. Hoping to get another chance to meet her but would like to do my homework first so it will be a pleasant meeting.

Re: Japanese name? 2016/3/23 00:55
Oh, I see. Do you think she could be Thai or Portuguese? A quick Google search of the name gives me information mainly in these two languages.

Re: Japanese name? 2016/3/23 01:11
She did have a Bible with her. Maybe I could see if there is a specific language of it that would be recognizable written on the inside on on the binding.
In the past I have always greeted her with a smile and a nod and she does the same but she actually sat by me Sunday.

Re: Japanese name? 2016/3/23 11:01
Actually, you can show her a map of the world and try pointing at some countries she might be from. Sometimes women can get scared if a guy sort of sneaks on her things too much ;) Of course, you can always try asking your priest for help.

reply to this thread