Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Use bought clothes before leaving Japan 2016/4/5 19:11
Hi guys

I bought some trainers because my feet hurt, but after I got the tax money back they sealed the bag...

Can't I use those before leaving?

Thanks a lot!
by Tavitza  

Re: Use bought clothes before leaving Japan 2016/4/6 18:53
What are you talking about??
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Use bought clothes before leaving Japan 2016/4/6 19:26
Keep the tags and the receipt and it should be fine.
by scarreddragon rate this post as useful

Re: Use bought clothes before leaving Japan 2016/4/6 21:51
you have to pay the sales tax.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Use bought clothes before leaving Japan 2016/4/6 23:46
You can wear your shoes clothes or use your items without a problem.

They are supposed to, but won't actually check your tax free items at the airport. Probably due to lack of manpower or just can't be bothered to.

Also the tax free receipts stapled to your passport? back in 2012 was the last time the customs officer removed them for me. Then between 2012 until recently they didn't bother with the receipts at all. But yesterday at Kansai airport the customs officer told me to remove the receipts myself and drop them into the box (and had to line up again) but still didn't check my tax free items.
by reprazent rate this post as useful

Re: Use bought clothes before leaving Japan 2016/4/7 14:23
During my trip to Japan last year and last February, the airport staff in the airport didn't even bother to look at the things I was claiming tax-free for. They just took the receipts attached to my passport.
by ami (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Use bought clothes before leaving Japan 2016/4/7 14:58
Thank you guys that is awesome to know! Walked a lot already, Japan is wonderful

Cheers
by Tavitza rate this post as useful

reply to this thread