Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Working Holiday Visa Application 2016/7/11 07:09
I am a Canadian citizen. Do I have to have lived in Canada for a certain amount of time before applying for the working holiday visa? I checked all over the embassy of Japan in Canada website and I didn't see it listed anywher . Someone said I need to be in Canada 6 months prio . Is that true?
by AngieBear  

Re: Working Holiday Visa Application 2016/7/11 10:48
That is usually a requirement; it may not be set by your home country, but by Japan instead as a requirement of the visa.
by / (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Working Holiday Visa Application 2016/7/11 10:56
It is required that you are residing in Canada (whatever that means) at the time of application. http://www.mofa.go.jp/j_info/visit/w_holiday/
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Working Holiday Visa Application 2016/7/11 12:32
W
by AngieBear rate this post as useful

Re: Working Holiday Visa Application 2016/7/11 12:34
Ignore my last reply, I accidentally hit submit TToTT

What I wanted to do was go to Japan with a student visa for a year, come back to Canada for three months, then go back to japan on a working holiday visa.

Re: Working Holiday Visa Application 2016/7/11 12:41
This is really a question you should ask the embassy... Don't they have some kind of contact information?
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Working Holiday Visa Application 2016/7/11 12:44
They do but I can't call them until tomorrow. I just wanted to see if anyone else did the same thing too

Re: Working Holiday Visa Application 2016/7/11 13:02
I guess it depends what both embassies define as "residing" in your home country. That is something you'll need to contact them about.
by / (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread