Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Host Family Gifts 2016/7/13 03:33
Hello,

I will be visiting a friend in Japan for 4 days. i will be staying with him and his family (2days) and another friend and their family for 2 days. My friend is older, in his 40's. It will be him, his wife and their son. And our other mutual friend, it will be him, his wife and daughter. I'm wondering what I should bring as a gift from the US.

I did get a small gift for their kids (26 and 20). And for my friend and his best friend but I'm not sure what to bring their wives. They are 46 and 48 yrs old. I've never met either woman so I have no clue what to bring. Any tips / hints would be great. I did ask my friend but he said anything would be fine. :)

I was thinking of getting a reusable nice canvas bag and maybe some lotion / hand cream or something for both of their wives. Would that be suitable?

Thank you so much!
Ruby
by rubyred1120  

Re: Host Family Gifts 2016/7/13 18:31
Usually people like food the best. Something special from your country, like good quality sweets in a nice box, or a special food that your area is famous for. If not that, then they will be happy with anything as long as it's from your country and souvenir-y. The canvas bag and hand lotion sound okay, but if you're going to get a canvas bag, be sure to get one that has your city's name on it if possible.
by Jenn Jett (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Host Family Gifts 2016/7/14 00:19
Thank you. They're both diabetic so I decided against sweets. I'll see if I can find some other food that will be easily transported in this heat. :)
by rubyred1120 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread