Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

sponsor visa to japan 2016/7/15 16:48
Hi.

I'm a gaijin student in japan.. so i'm holding a student visa. and i want to bring my GF to japan. while i am a student can i sponsor a visa for her.. or how can i bring her to japan.. if i can sponsor a visa how can i do that?

Thanks,
by Kanch (guest)  

Re: sponsor visa to japan 2016/7/15 16:56
No. First of all, you must be married. And even then, her visa could be denied if immigration thinks you cannot support her.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: sponsor visa to japan 2016/7/15 17:05
Ok. Is there some other way bring her to japan?
by Kanch (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: sponsor visa to japan 2016/7/15 17:13
Well, actually, it depends what you mean by "bring her". If you mean as a short visit, then yes, you can sponsor a tourist visa for her. In order to come to Japan long-term, however, she will have to obtain her own visa independently of you.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: sponsor visa to japan 2016/7/15 18:59
I dont think she needs to be sponsored for a tourist visa, unless you guys are from a country that is not included in the visa exemption agreement.

Either way as Firas stated, if she comes via short term "tourist" status then no issue. Any stay over 90 days would require a proper visa.
by Guest (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread