Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Are there any jobs in Sapporo for foreigners? 2016/7/19 15:15
Good day,

My name is Jefferson Viray a Filipino. I need some help on where to find full time Job with only basic knowledge of Japanese? I have JLPT N5 certificate but I'm still having a hard time to find a Job here in Sapporo. My current visa is Spouse visa. Moreover, is there any company in any location here in Japan that can finance the plane ticket once a got hired? That is my second option if I can't find a job here in Sapporo. Please advise.

Best Regards,

Jefferson Viray
by Jefferson Viray (guest)  

Re: Are there any jobs in Sapporo for foreigners? 2016/7/19 16:43
Aside from the visa, Japanese employers also need to know the skills you possess.
by uol.guest (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Are there any jobs in Sapporo for foreigners? 2016/7/19 17:23
I see. I'll take note of that. Have a blessed day
by Jeff (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Are there any jobs in Sapporo for foreigners? 2016/7/19 17:23
Honestly speaking, with N5 is very difficult to get something other than english teaching jobs, unless you happen to have a skill set in high demand (IT, automotive engineering, etc.). give us more details about your skills or the type of job that you're looking for
by Aru (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Are there any jobs in Sapporo for foreigners? 2016/7/19 17:41
You are correct. However, most of the companies here when it comes to English teacher profession in Sapporo are looking for native speakers as I am not. Here are some of my work experiences listed below:

Bachelor of Science Business Administration Major in Management (4 year course)

Position Title Executive Customer Support UK customers
Employment period Oct, 2013 - Jun, 2016 (2 years 9 months)

Position Title Production Operator
Employment period Sep, 2007 - Sep, 2013 (6 years 1 month)

Position Title Manager
Employment period May, 2002 - Jun, 2007 (5 years 2 months)

Hope it helps.

Thank you.

Re: Are there any jobs in Sapporo for foreigners? 2016/7/19 17:43
Any job will do as long as they hire me and within like 250,000 to 270,000 yen will be sufficient to pay the taxes and other expenses here in Sapporo.

Re: Are there any jobs in Sapporo for foreigners? 2016/7/19 18:02
Unless you can operate in Japanese language, I think you would basically be lucky to even manage to get entry-level positions. 250 - 270k seems rather fanciful. Sapporo is not such a global city that many companies operate in English.
by Dainichi Heater rate this post as useful

Re: Are there any jobs in Sapporo for foreigners? 2016/7/19 18:20
You have a point. I'll do my best to find a Job. Thank you for the advise, I appreciate it

Re: Are there any jobs in Sapporo for foreigners? 2016/7/20 01:53
Don't want to sound rude, just trying to help, but if you can't even get an english teaching job in Sapporo, you will hardly find anything else. I think it's time for you to strongly consider looking for opportunities in Tokyo. Some companies like Rakuten or UNIQLO have adopted english as their official business language as part of their internationalization scheme. Look for this kind of companies or foreign-owned firms. You might be able to find someting suitable for your skill set without speaking japanese.

One more advice. Make a LinkedIn profile and start connecting with people working at recruiting companies specialized in hiring foreigners such as HAYS, en world, IGS, etc. Although not so often, sometimes they have vacancies for people with no japanese skill but that already reside in Japan.

Good luck
by Aru (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Are there any jobs in Sapporo for foreigners? 2016/7/20 11:25
That's great information. I'll take note of that. It really help me a lot. Thank you so much!

reply to this thread