Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hotel Konansou 2005/2/28 18:09
has anyone stayed at an onsen ryokan called hotel konansou at kawaguchi-ko?

any other recommendations for a ryokan around the area? the budget is between 15,000 to 20,000 yen.
by bonni  

excellent hotel 2008/8/17 07:35
We stayed there for our honeymoon. It was excellent. Service and cuisine and rooms were beautiful. There are private baths you can rent for an hour for an additional few thousand yen. It made for a very romantic morning view of Fuji-san with my new husband!
by jen rate this post as useful

Konansou 2008/8/17 14:30
I have stayed at Konansou twice and enjoyed it. They are very friendly and the view is great. If you want to splurge you can get a room with a private bath with a view of Mt. Fuji, but otherwise the public baths and the private (rented, for a fee) baths have beautiful views. There's a foot-bath on the roof that is really neat too.
There is a Japanese website someplace (I lost it) that lists Kawaguchiko accommodations, but for English-language I recommend www.japaneseguesthouses.com or a thorough internet search.
by Spendthrift rate this post as useful

Kawaguchiko 2008/8/17 14:34
Here is the website:
http://www.kawaguchiko.or.jp/
it has a clickable map for accommodations, so if somebody can help you with that, you can see that there are many places to stay.
oh, also, if you end up going to Konansou, don't be put off by it's exterior, which I didn't think was very attractive. It is lovely inside.
by Spendthrift rate this post as useful

Good fun 2008/8/17 14:59
I stayed in the Hotel Konanso on my honeymoon as well, and my wife and I enjoyed it quite a lot. The dinner was very good, and the atmosphere was friendly. The location was very nice too, only a short distance from the train station (~500 yen taxi), right on the lake, and with a good view of the mountain when the clouds weren't in the way. I would not hesitate to recommend it.
by Albert Andersen rate this post as useful

reply to this thread