Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

post JET visa status...can I stay & work 2005/3/2 08:39
can i transfer my JET Programme instructr visa to a work visa? Do I need to?
by kt  

Transferring visa status 2005/3/2 22:29
KT,
Yes, I believe you can do this if you find an employer willing to sponsor you.
by Dave in Saitama rate this post as useful

before your JET visa ends 2005/3/3 03:05
you must extend your work visa. If you stay past your visa expiration, you are illegal and that could be trouble. Your options then are:
find work/sponsor before your JET visa expires (don't skimp your JET contract, just arrange to start work as soon as JET contract ends).

or

extend your JET working visa into a travel/visitor visa until you find a job (you'll have 3 months or so depending on where you're from). You may have to leave the country and/or go back to your home country in order to get your new working visa.

You may be able to change to a working holiday visa if you are from certain countries. Check with your local embassy or consulate.
by kyarinchan rate this post as useful

JET visa is not expired 2005/3/3 08:00
SORRY - I obviously didnt make myself clear - My JET visa is a three year instructor visa, and I have only done a year..........does this mean I still have to change to a tourist/working visa
by kt rate this post as useful

SAME PROBLEM 2007/8/15 15:04
hi...I was also on JET and have finished my 1st yr contract and want to stay on...my visa is a 3 yr one...how do i change this to a working visa?? i think otherwise i have to change it into a tourist one and that means my "working" ability becomes difficult...PLEASE HELP. I am interviewing for jobs at the moment
by gradut rate this post as useful

... 2007/8/15 16:00
You will need a new employer, who will sponsor your work visa. If you can't find one and process the certificate of eligibility before the expiry date of your current visa, you will have to switch to a tourist visa for a while.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread