Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

working holiday visa alternative 2016/7/30 15:14
Hello.

My country is not part of the mutual working holidays agreement. Am wondering if there is other alternative visa to apply to work part time in Japan.

I am from Malaysia. Will be completing Bachelor of Engineering. But I do not have the confidence to work in Japan using my 'expertise field'. Total newb. Not expecting to use this cert in Japan @.@

That is why I am thinking of working multiple part time in Japan. Is there a visa for it? Planning to work there for 2 - 3 years.

Thanks
by tupperware (guest)  

Re: working holiday visa alternative 2016/7/30 17:08
To be sponsored for a full work-visa, you'd need to find someone/company who is willing to hire you, usually, for a full-time job.

What do you want to do for a career? Would it be possible at all to find employment at a Malaysian branch of a Japanese companies, learn the language in the meantime, and then get transferred to Japan eventually?

Part-time job is possible for, for example, students who are studying at a Japanese university, a Japanese language school ("student" resident status), or those on "dependent" resident status - staying in Japan because their spouse is here on work, for example), but there isn't any visa that would allow you to take up multiple part-time jobs alone.

Working Holiday Visa program is a special program to allow young people to experience extensive travel in another country while giving them some ways to earn pocket money during the stay.
by ....... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: working holiday visa alternative 2016/7/30 18:54
To be honest, I still do not know what I want to do, thus the multiple part time. My main intention is to work hard and repay my student loan asap. That is one reason for me to look at foreign country.

It should be possible to find employment at Malaysian branch. Your suggestion is good. However, I do not find my self competent enough to handle the challenging, competitive world. Knowing my limits kind of sucks (sorry if this is vulgar)

Studying in Japanese university and 'dependent' status are not in consideration. I did consider going into a Japanese language school, but, if not mistaken, completing the course is within visa exemption period (90 days). After that period, no more visa to stay in Japan. Do the language school offer student visa? If it does, can I do part time job? I remember it is illegal to work with student visa. Correct me if I am mistaken.

Thanks for the reply
by tupperware (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: working holiday visa alternative 2016/7/30 20:35
If you study full-time at a language school, you can get a student visa. And you can work part-time on a student visa, up to a certain number of hours (under 30), if approved.
by / (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: working holiday visa alternative 2016/7/31 02:08
That is definitely a great info. Thank you
The certain number of hours is under 30 hours per week or per month? I believe is per month, but just want to clarify

Re: working holiday visa alternative 2016/7/31 02:12
The limit is 28 hours per week. I stress that before you can work you must apply for a permit, and that it may be denied.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: working holiday visa alternative 2016/7/31 12:31
But that means you need to enroll in a full-time language study program at an accredited (meaning eligible to apply for student visa on your behalf), get accepted, pay in the tuition, be able to show that you have sufficient funds to support yourself during your studies, upfront. Also your part-time work will be limited (usually) to restaurant staff or language school part-timer, and not in engineering. So I don't know if you would find that interesting enough.
by ....... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: working holiday visa alternative 2016/7/31 16:08
The only restriction on the type of work is that you can't work in the nightlife industry (bars, clubs, etc.).
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: working holiday visa alternative 2016/7/31 16:15
That is a nice breakdown list, Mr/Mrs ....... :)
Do you know what is the minimum fund that I need to have so they will accept? From the way it looks, I need to earn in my current country before going to Japan.

So now I'll have to earn some cash, find an accredited school, get accepted, get visa, check whether they offer accommodation, ask them whether I can work part time , learn the routes before going to Japan, know what to ride.

Did you guys enter the full-time language program before? Any recommendation on where to apply?

Thanks

Re: working holiday visa alternative 2016/7/31 16:21
That means with student visa and given the permit to do part time, can do most part time job in Japan except nightlife industry job. Am I mistaken, Firas?

Re: working holiday visa alternative 2016/7/31 17:30
to simply put it into words..
http://www.g-studyinjapan.jasso.go.jp/en/

1. You choose the language school that will help you with student visa application.

2. You will mostly need to pay upfront the school fees, depending on the school and course you have chosen.
Japanese language Institutions Tuition fees, etc (Inclusive of admission and screening fees)
1-year course 415,000 ` 997,400 yen
18-month course 760,000 ` 1,530,000 yen
2-year course 1,070,000 ` 2,000,000 yen

3. once 1&2 done, school will help you with student visa application, i.e. applying for COE, which will be delivered to you once approved by ministry of justice. You will also need to provide some documents and proof of financial support throughout your stay/course in japan.

4. once you get the COE, bring it together with your student visa application and supporting document to Japanese Embassy in Malaysia. If all go well, you will get Student visa stamp on your passport. Check with Japanese Embassy for required procedure, supporting documents.
Entry and Residence Procedures
http://www.studyjapan.go.jp/en/toj/toj04e.html

5. Permit for permission to engage in other activities, i.e. Part time works can only be apply (by you) at Japanese Immigration once you are inside Japan.
More info on part time work permit application.
http://www.g-studyinjapan.jasso.go.jp/en/modules/pico/index.php?conten...

by ..@ (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: working holiday visa alternative 2016/8/1 09:07
My main intention is to work hard and repay my student loan asap. That is one reason for me to look at foreign country.

Then you may want to rethink your plans to go to school and work part time in Japan. All said and done, this will cost quite a bit more money than you'll make working part time, not to mention costing you time building your actual career. Maybe better to work a few years at home first and look at other opportunities to move to Japan for a bit.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

reply to this thread