Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Interim Visa 2016/8/1 12:01
Hello
I would like to know how long is the interim visa valid for ?
Do japan embassy provides interim visa if the visa is still not approved and old visa is expired ?

Thanks
Neha
by neha (guest)  

Re: Interim Visa 2016/8/1 19:10
I don't think they call it interim visa, and it is not embassy, but immigration. So I assume you are in Japan.

I believe that, as long as your application for extension was made while your current resident status is valid, you can stay in Japan max. two months even after your current resident status expires. Immigration is supposed to give you the notification of their decision within two months of the application.
by ....... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Interim Visa 2016/8/2 08:17
Thanks for your reply .
As i have applied for my work visa extension ..
My visa was expired last month . I M still waiting for the reply from immigration for my extension.
do I need to inform them that my visa status or thy already know all about my visa status and wait for my extension.

Thanks
by neha (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Interim Visa 2016/8/2 09:10
If you have applied for an extension, all the details should have been given to you. Normally, you should be allowed to stay for up to two months after your status expires.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Interim Visa 2016/8/2 10:43
Hello , They have not given me any details , they said they will come back to me with a decision .

So m just waiting . I was worried as my current visa has expired . Atleast i can stay upto 2 months with expired visa.

Thanks for your reply.

Re: Interim Visa 2016/8/3 08:19
What will my visa status called as m still waiting for reply from Immigration ?

Re: Interim Visa 2016/8/3 09:20
You are still under your old status. Which means, in particular, that you can still work if your status allows it.
by Firas rate this post as useful

reply to this thread