Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Engligh teaching Job 2016/8/8 12:39
Hello
I am planning to settle in Japan but I have certain questions ?

Can any one guide me how much an English business teacher salary could be ?
I m planning to apply in ECC , so wanted to know how much salary do thy pay to English Business teacher ?

Also m from India , am I allowed to work as a English Business teacher as i have 8 yrs of experience in same .

I have noticed one needs to be a native speaker to teach english in japan what will happen in my case ?

How much salary shud be satisfactory for single women to stay in japan with shared room ?

Do ECC pay all the social /insurance or its been deducted from the salary ( 270000 yen ) as per there website afterwards .

ECC website says they pay 270000 Yen per month ? So I need to know is that good salary to join ECC if they hire non native english teachers like me ?

Thanks
Thanks
by teacher (guest)  

Re: Engligh teaching Job 2016/8/8 15:33
I would be more concerned about your level of English - your grammar leaves something to be desired.

To obtain a work visa, you need to have a bachelor's degree or ten years' work experience (although I think that depends on the field).

Have you researched jobs in Japan? You can always ask the businesses what they are looking for in a candidate.
by .. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Engligh teaching Job 2016/8/8 15:57
I am sorry. If do email them with the same grammar and spelling mistakes as the ones in your opening questions. Any English language school will not take you seriously.
by hakata14 rate this post as useful

Re: Engligh teaching Job 2016/8/8 16:54
Immigration's requirement is either a bachelor's degree, or three or more years of English teaching experience (to be eligible to be sponsored by an employer for work visa for an English teaching position). So if you have 8 years' experience of teaching the English language to non-native speakers of English, using English as media (direct method), you should be eligible. Another question might be whether you were "educated in the English language," meaning not just taking English language classes, but having been taught, for example, math, history, science, etc., "in" English. You might want to contact ECC directly to ask if they hire non-native as teachers.

When employers mention salary figures, that is usually "gross" amounts, so they are likely to deduct your social insurance contributions from that amount.

That amount should be comfortable for a single person to live on. "Shared room" is not really that common in Japan, so you are likely to live in a single-occupancy studio apartment.
by ....... (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread