Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Can petite black women be models in Japan? 2016/8/9 06:20
Hey, I was interested is to if there are any black female models in Japan/Can Petite black women model there?
by Jozii  

Re: Can petite black women be models in Japan? 2016/8/10 01:09
Can you? Yes, there are no laws here stopping you from working as a model on the basis of your skin colour. Indeed, there are black models working here.

Will you? It's not going to be easy. I'm not going to lie, it would be a lot simpler if you were a petit white model instead of black, that's just the way things are as unfair as it may seem. I'm sure you've heard of young Russian girls being moved over here to do modelling work. If you're in the business already you should talk to some well connected colleagues. People here can advise you on visa issues and such but the odds of you finding many people here with the experience and understanding to give you a proper answer is close to zero.
by Lz (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Can petite black women be models in Japan? 2016/8/20 15:24
Hi! I'm a model myself (although I'm a tall white man).
Your height, not your skin color, will be the most limiting factor (likely no fashion runway).

There are very few black women in Japan, especially physically attractive ones, so if you're blessed with good looks and speak Japanese it might be enough to land you quite a few gigs in magazines and tv commercials.

Getting a visa and turning it into a steady job is the difficult part for everyone thought, regardless of height or race.
by S King rate this post as useful

reply to this thread