Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Bothersome street sellers 2016/8/9 06:26
I'm not sure what the correct name for this job/these people is, but near my house theres a busy station and crossing I pass through a couple of times most days.

This location especially at night attracts a lot of street sellers. Do you wanna come to my shady club for nomihoudai, karaoke, spend all your money buying these girls drinks... ect.

I always just try to ignore them. But sometimes they just don't give up. What is the best way to reply to them in Japanese to give them a firm no, and to leave me alone?
by NihonMaybe  

Re: Bothersome street sellers 2016/8/9 11:42
What is the best way to reply to them in Japanese to give them a firm no, and to leave me alone?

I think you should not give them a Japanese word. Just say "No" in your native language with anger. If you say anything in Japanese they might consider you might be a possible guest.

They are called Kyaku-hiki and many Japanese cities including Osaka city prohibit Kyaku-hiki. Please ask your ward office for the action to stop Kyaku-hiki. Most of Japanese people don't like Kyaku-hiki and a request from foreigners tend to have stronger impact.
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

Re: Bothersome street sellers 2016/8/9 12:15
What is the best way to reply to them in Japanese to give them a firm no, and to leave me alone?

The best is not to reply to them at all. Just ignore them, and they won't pay you much attention.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Bothersome street sellers 2016/8/9 12:18
The best is not to reply to them at all.

True. This is the best.
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread