Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Visa renewal waiting period 2016/9/4 23:19
Hi, I applied for the renewal of my spouse visa.

I am wondering how long we normally wait before we receive the post card to move to the immigration office?

I read in the paper they give us when you apply for the visa renewal that it takes about one month. Can it take more than one month? did some of you receive the post card in the third week after the application?

Thank you.
by thingsfallaparts (guest)  

Re: Visa renewal waiting period 2016/9/5 11:12
If your circumstances are the same then it shouldn't take too long. Mine usually took about a week max to process, but its not unusual for them to take several weeks depending on the load at immigration. Why do you ask? Are you currently waiting on your visa to process, or are you planning for the future?
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Visa renewal waiting period 2016/9/5 18:32
Mine has been about 2 weeks on average. Once I waited more than an entire month, then was cleaning out the genkan and found the postcard had slipped out of the mail basket and under the shoes box... oops! Luckily immigration was understanding when I sheepishly showed up way past the date I was supposed to go collect the card by! If I had gotten it right away, it was about 2 weeks later then too.
by scarreddragon rate this post as useful

Re: Visa renewal waiting period 2016/9/6 07:30
Yes, I am waiting for my visa to process.

I also was wondering how long does it take for others to receive the postcard.

thanks a lot for the answers.

I appreciate it.
by Thingsfallaparts (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread