Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Divorce in japan 2016/9/27 13:03
Hello.

I''m actually married from the 2 years with a japanese girl and i have a regular spuse visa, what i'' going to ask is if i'' going to divorce l how long can i remain in japan, and if i'' going to get married with another japanese girl i'll get problem for the spuse visa ?

by Yuri1990  

Re: Divorce in japan 2016/9/27 20:21
Your `period of stay` defines how long you can stay. Divorce does not change this. Getting remarried (probably) does not change your `visa status` - I have known marriage `hoppers` and they didnft seem to have a problem.
by Paul (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Divorce in japan 2016/9/27 23:01
I''m actually married from the 2 years with a japanese girl and i have a regular spuse visa, what i'' going to ask is if i'' going to divorce l how long can i remain in japan

Typically for the duration of your current visa. After that you will no longer qualify for your spouse visa based on your previous marriage.

and if i'' going to get married with another japanese girl i'll get problem for the spuse visa ?

Generally no problem presuming that your can show that it is a genuine marriage.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Divorce in japan 2016/9/28 15:40
And in case i'' going to get married with another gir before the end of the visa i have to send again all the pucture and that kind of stuff?

Actually my problem is that we didn't divorce yet but maybe we are going to do it soon, so in case i don't say to the new girl that i was married before she can discover it somewhere?

Thank's you for your answer s
by Yuri1990 rate this post as useful

Re: Divorce in japan 2016/9/28 15:50
If you are currently on a Spouse ofJapanese national, that shows you are or were married to someone Japanese.
by ....... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Divorce in japan 2016/9/28 22:20
If you get divorced from your current wife, and you proceed to get married to another Japanese woman while your current "spouse" status is still valid, you can just report your divorce and marriage to Immigration, while staying on the same "spouse" status. The changes in your marital status will noted on their record.

But when it comes to renewing the status, you will need the help of your new wife, who will see anyway that you have a "spouse" status, so she will know. And Immigration authorities "might" ask for a whole new set of documents, if you divorce and marry quickly.
by ....... (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread