Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Geshin-In Temple in Kyoto (Gesshin-In) 2005/3/22 09:58
During the World Cup, I stayed at the Geshin-In Temple (or Gesshin-In Temple) in Kyoto. The monk, Youtetsu Hasegawa, was a very kind and gracious host. Although we stayed three nights, he would not accept payment from us. I promised him that when I returned to Kyoto, I would again stay at his temple.

However, I have noticed on another site that his temple is no longer open. Does anyone know what has happened to Hasegawa-san (Yo, as we called him)? I would like to honor my promise if he is at another shukubo in Kyoto.
by Lambretta76  

hi, 2005/3/22 13:16
I did a short search for Geshin-in Temple on the internet and it says the temple has been closed since August 2005, but no reason turned up. Sorry.
by baba rate this post as useful

. 2005/3/22 13:23
Sorry, 2005 should be 2004.

Temple closed ... 2005/3/23 03:56
Yeah - I saw that website, too. I am quite saddened by this news as he was a really wonderful person. Plus, I owe him some NYC souvenirs...
by Lambretta76 rate this post as useful

just in case... 2005/3/23 16:38
-the temple has been closed.
I meant Gesshin-in Temple is no longer open to the public and people can`t stay there. The temple still exists in just right there. Just in case if I cofused you.

Just to add 2005/3/23 20:19
baba-san is right, they closed the *inn* portion of the temple only. The temple is there alright :)

One site said that this temple is not open to public to just walk in and pay respects (when they were running the inn, the guests of course could walk around, but for the general public it's always been closed, you had to ask for permission), so if you want to say hello to the monk, maybe you could try calling up the place?
by AK rate this post as useful

gesshin-in 2007/8/1 11:40
since 16 years I always stayed at Gesshin-in.does anybody can recommend an equivalent place to stay? thank you lagun
by lagun rate this post as useful

reply to this thread