Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Describing myself as spooky, scary, etc.? 2016/9/30 06:49
Hello!! I looked around for a subject like this, and found some that were *similar* but not quite about oneself. So, here goes.

I love everything cute (and of course, I use kawaii, for that) but I also like Gothic, and or 'scary' stuff. For instance, Gothic Lolita clothing and lifestyle interests me, but I also love stuff like haunted houses, yōkai, scary dolls, bats.. You get the idea.

I've heard of kowai, but only describing that which is 'gross' or 'disgusting'. Which, from what I've heard, is where 'creepy cute' comes in.

I need the word for scary or creepy *describing myself*.

I am thinking of naming a blog 'a lot kawaii and a little bit spooky'.

'A lot' 'and a little bit' would be in English. So, I just need 'spooky', 'scary', even 'unusual'.

Please help!! I've tried to figure this out for quite a while, and can't seem to find the answer about describing oneself.
by alifemorekawaii  

Re: Describing myself as spooky, scary, etc.? 2016/10/1 11:47
There are phrases like "bukimi de kawaii" (creepy and cute) which can be abbreviated as "bukikawa" ぶきかわ (all in hiragana) and "kimokute kawaii" (the meaning is almost the same) which is more often abbreviated as "kimokawa" キモかわ the first half in katakana and the secon in hiragana.

But actually the above words/phrases describe the things that you like, so if you want to describes someone who loves "creepy and cute," you might have to say "bukikawa dai-suki" or "kimokawa daisuki" (love creepy & cute) or something like that.

by AK rate this post as useful

reply to this thread