Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Masters in English in Japan 2016/11/1 22:12
I really want to continue my education in Early Childhood Education in Japan.

I am really trying to find an English-speaking university in Japan that offers an Early Childhood Education masters degree.

I want the program to be completely in English, as I do not know even a Japanese word (Although I am planning to learn some of the language while studying, but I want this not to be related to my study)

While searching I found some information that these 3 universities offers masters in English, but they do not have my program:

Hokkaido University
Sophia University
University of Tokyo

I tried to contact Japanese professors teaching in this field, to ask them but they did not reply.

I am looking for the program first, so I can apply in the university, and then look for a scholarship that will fund my study

I will appreciate your help.
by Alaa (guest)  

Re: Masters in English in Japan 2016/11/2 16:02
You might wanna give info about your home country as Early Childhood Education isn't not a university degree in all countries.
by hakata14 rate this post as useful

Re: Masters in English in Japan 2016/11/2 16:11
Actually, Sorry. If you are asking about unis, then your must do the course through unis at your home country.
by hakata14 rate this post as useful

Re: Masters in English in Japan 2016/11/2 16:29
I want the program to be completely in English

I am sorry, I donft get it. Why would any local university have a program on Early Childhood Education in English? It is like asking if there is a Faculty of Medicine that has a program in English to become a doctor or a pharmacist in...Japan. Do you see what I mean?
by Emi (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Masters in English in Japan 2016/11/2 19:56
To answer Emi's question, I think the reason is a combination of wanting to attract international students to diversify the campus as well as offering an English-based education for Japanese students who wish to become competent enough to live/work overseas (or cooperate in international research, etc.). There are actually quite a lot of university programs in Japan taught entirely in English.
by Harimogura (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread