Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

What kinds of jobs foreigners find in Tokyo? 2016/12/21 20:40
I have only basic Japanese language skills and recently I was granted dependent visa sponsored by my father and I will be moving in to Japan in a few weeks. Given that my visa allows me to work only 28 hours per week, what kinds of part time jobs can I, with BBA degree(with no work experience), get in Tokyo?
by ninja595  

Re: What kinds of jobs foreigners find in Tokyo? 2016/12/22 11:20
If you don't speak Japanese, probably teaching English is the easiest inroad for you until you can speak Japanese.

You may be able to find work with a foreign company in Japan, or possibly some company which uses English as their common language (e.g. Rakuten).

Sadly, there may not be so many options, and English teaching would at least let you build up some work experience.
by Dainichi Heater rate this post as useful

Re: What kinds of jobs foreigners find in Tokyo? 2016/12/22 14:31
thanks a lot, your reply pumped me up a bit, we really don't need to know japanese to teach english? I know your post will help me when I go to Japan.
by ninja595 rate this post as useful

Re: What kinds of jobs foreigners find in Tokyo? 2016/12/22 15:17
No, but it helps to know Japanese for every day life, and of course it helps a little in the classroom too. But most schools prefer you to use English only.
by Jenn Jett (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread