Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Japanese Credit Card Acquisition Questions 2017/1/4 05:57
I would appreciate your help. Here are the questions:
1- does doing a part time job reduce the chances of getting a Japanese credit card?
2-I applied several times, some companies take only 20 minutes to check while others said it may take about a month, how can this be explained?
3-Some companies never ask about the details, name of the country of origin and others while others do, how can that be explained?
4-Is there any quick way to obtain a Japanese credit card for someone who is married to a Japanese over 4 years?
Thank you for your support.
by WaiWair (guest)  

Re: Japanese Credit Card Acquisition Questions 2017/1/4 13:35
1. If you compare a part-time job against a full-time, regular employment, yes.

2. Some credit card companies boast their "instant issuance" convenience (meaning instant screening), while others function more like traditional financial institutions.

3. I do not know.

4. My non-Japanese husband got one when he was employed by a Japanese employer (full-time).
If you are the non-Japanese spouse with part-time job, would it be an idea initially to get one family/companion card off your Japanese spouse's credit card account?
by ....... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Japanese Credit Card Acquisition Questions 2017/1/4 20:54
Do you really need a credit card, anyway? I have one, but the only thing I couldn't do without it is pay my MVNO cellphone bill. Other than that, it makes life just a tiny bit more convenient but it's not at all a necessity. In particular, many things that can only be done by card in other countries, like online purchases, can be done without in Japan.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Japanese Credit Card Acquisition Questions 2017/1/5 09:59
Every company will be different. Generally, steady employment and a solid residency class (esp. Permanent residence) will aid greatly.

However, I suggest you try for the Rakuten Card. They don't require PR, and seem pretty open minded towards foreign applicants.
by Dainichi Heater rate this post as useful

reply to this thread