Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Permanent visa denied question 2017/1/19 12:35
I applied for the PR earlier one month than my friend.
My friend after two months, he received a letter from the immigration notifying him that his application was denied. He is married to a Japanese and have a child. He never paid taxes but his wife did.
I am married but paid all my taxes before I apply.

When the PR Application is denied, do they usually inform people earlier? Such as the first two months?
Thank you so much.
by Prquestion (guest)  

Re: Permanent visa denied question 2017/1/19 13:00
It too them 2 month to process his application. So what? This is not abnormal currently. The latest I heard is that immigration is very very busy for the past year.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Permanent visa denied question 2017/1/19 13:23
PR application goes through multiple checks, once immigration receives application they will send to police for criminal background check, tax dept for tax payment history etc, that's why even fastest one would take 2-3 months
For your friend they could have got a red flag from tax office or from police that made it candidate for rejection so immigration would stop further procession and send a denial postcard

It you haven't heard back that means you have hope and everything is good so far
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Permanent visa denied question 2017/1/19 15:00
That is correct because my friend said that two years ago he had a fight with his wife. For that reason, he was arrested in (police department)for about ten days.
by Prquestion (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Permanent visa denied question 2017/1/20 08:41
In my case, at about two months I got a letter from immigration asking for more paperwork- not a rejection, but it looks like that's a reasonable timeline for the first check through. I sent the additional paperwork and got my approval another two months after that. Another friend had a similar situation- requests for more paperwork at 2-3 months, though he was eventually rejected for not having resided in Japan long enough.

However I know two people who got rejections at nine months and six months respectively with no prior communication from immigration, so there aren't any hard and fast rules. But if your friend doesn't pay taxes and has an arrest record I'm not surprised at the swift rejection!
by Vita (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Permanent visa denied question 2017/1/20 11:51
I took a look at the letter sent to my friend. It says:my simple translation.

We checked your history (working,education...)in Japan, we found no reasons to give you the PR.

Also, mentioned in the second page that if he disagrees with the decision, he can go to the court.

The immigration office used a very straightforward language directly told the applicant that he doesn't deserve the PR.

by Prquestion (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread