Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Japanese language school then university? 2017/2/11 13:33
Hello everyone, I'm a senior in high school in the US. I have been really unlucky in life this past school year and have fallen behind with college applications. I have managed to only get two in, one to a community college, and another to a CSU. I've been accepted to the CSU's Japanese major program, which would allow me to go to Japan for my junior year. I'd like to go for all four years, though. I passed N3 of JLPT, and would like to take N2 at the end of this year.

Since I've fallen behind so much, I haven't been able to send in applications to universities in Japan (courses are in English). I've been feeling overwhelmed with many things and have been thinking about taking a "gap year." This would be from the time I graduate until April (when the Japanese school year starts). I would like to attend a Japanese language school in Japan in order to get to N2 level, and possibly study for EJU. I doubt I'd be able to gain the fluency to function properly in a Japanese-speaking university, though. I just need to take it down a notch for a little bit, but be productive at the same time. Also, I would need a visa so I'd like to find a language school that will provide/help me with this.

If anybody has any advice, language school recommendations, or has gone down this path please enlighten me! Thank you so much. Sorry that this was a bit long.
by utti999  

Re: Japanese language school then university? 2017/2/11 14:57
Japanese language ability is not everything. If you couldn't get into a "good" university in the US, what makes you think you could do so in Japan?
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Japanese language school then university? 2017/2/14 14:40
My understanding is that a lot of language schools are set up to intensively get you to N1 and then into a Japanese university. Sounds like that might be the route for you.

Otherwise if you've infinite money you can always just go to Temple for four years.
by Harimogura rate this post as useful

reply to this thread