Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Disposal of large cardboard box 2017/3/22 15:56
Hi all. I will shortly be flying to Fukuoka with my bicycle in a large cardboard box. I had been planning to break the box down & reuse it on my return but have now decided not to. So what is the best way to dispose of a large cardboard box approximately 103x72x25cm? I could ask the hotel but do not want to cause any inconvenience. Is there anywhere I could take it for disposal. I know Japan doesnt like waste being left out on the wrong day & don't really want it hanging around.
by Stan Norrell  

Re: Disposal of large cardboard box 2017/3/23 10:21
I would simply ask the hotel. Cardboard boxes are flattened and put out as recyclable, but the hotel would know the right day to put it out or the right location to take it to, I see no problem with asking them to take care of it.
by ........ (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Disposal of large cardboard box 2017/3/23 14:12
Ask the hotel, they will happily break it down and put it out on their paper recycling day.
by PsyGuy rate this post as useful

Re: Disposal of large cardboard box 2017/3/25 08:00
That's what I will do, I just didn't want to cause uneccesary bother. Now at the hotel
by Stan Norrell rate this post as useful

Re: Disposal of large cardboard box 2017/3/25 18:37
Box has been disposed of. I reassembled the bike & let the reception staff know the box was gomi. Thanks again all.
by Stan Norrell rate this post as useful

Re: Disposal of large cardboard box 2017/3/25 18:55
You should ask the hotel, because in Japan, you are not supposed to randomly place garbage even at a disposal site. Each household has a designated site to put its unwanted items out, and the household is to be responsible for the items until they are properly collected by the truck.

By asking the hotel, the hotel can be responsible for the item until it is collected, or they can tell you how you can be responsible in your particular situation.

I know that this is not always how it is in many countries, and I don't really think it's the best system possible, but perhaps it has to do with how small our land is and how our society generally works.
by Uco rate this post as useful

Sorry 2017/3/25 18:56
Sorry I didn't realized that the case was closed!
by Uco rate this post as useful

reply to this thread