Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Ashikaga and Azalea Hill Parks 2017/4/10 22:22
Hi all,
I am planning to travel to Ashikaga flower park on May 8 from Tokyo, and am considering to also see the Azalea Park in Tatebayashi that afternoon - will the azaleas still be in bloom at this time? Can the 2 parks be done as a day trip from Tokyo? I can't seem to find much info in English about the azaleas, thanks in advance for any advice
by Jbr (guest)  

Re: Ashikaga and Azalea Hill Parks 2017/4/11 15:03
Hello Jbr-san,

I think you can still enjoy azalea the day around May 8 and the 2 parks can be done as one day trip from Tokyo because Ashikaga and Tatebayashi is only 15 to 20-min apart by train.

// Azalea, Tsutsujigaoka Park, Tatebayashi
I believe the official name of Azaleas Hill Park is gTsutsujigaoka Parkh in Tatebayashi.
http://www.city.tatebayashi.gunma.jp/tsutsuji/english.html

Best season of Azalea: mid of April to early of May (full bloom in the week of April 20th to 27th last year).

From Ashikaga Flower Park, you can take a shuttle bus (400yen/one way, 30-min) departing the park at every 0:45 to Tobu Ashikagashi Station. Takes 250yen/15 to 20 min to Tatebayashi by Tobu Line.

At Tatebayashi Station, take a shuttle bus (10-min) to Tsutsujigaoka Park.

// FYI
From Asakusa Sta. to Ashikagashi Sta., takes 1780yen/ 1H 15-min by Ryomo Express of Tobu Line.

Enjoy!
by tomtom (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Ashikaga and Azalea Hill Parks 2017/4/11 20:40
Thankyou so much! You have been very helpful :)
by Jbr (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread