Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Medical School in Japan Question 2017/5/18 10:08
If I were to have a pre-med undergraduate degree in America, would it be equal/less than an undergraduate medical degree in Japan? Would this allow me to attend a graduate school in Japan?

Already known:
-4 vs 6 years (undergraduate)
-Need to pass National Medical Exam
-I am fluent (18 years)
-Requirements to enter a university
by C (guest)  

Re: Medical School in Japan Question 2017/5/18 15:03
If you are fluent in Japanese, it might be worth contacting a Japanese university or the Japanese Medical Association directly as they will know more than us (probably)
by mfedley rate this post as useful

Re: Medical School in Japan Question 2017/5/18 15:37
NO.
it is 6 years education, although it is counted separately as 4(undergraduate)+2(master degree).

there are medical RESEARCH courses for master degree. but, those are totally different from medical doctoral courses.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Medical School in Japan Question 2017/5/18 16:15
-I am fluent (18 years)

Obviously not fluent enough to Google Japan and find all answers that are easy to find with that search engine.

One more thing, we are already had those questions here but I repeat what I already said:
even if you manage to become a doctor in Japan, Japanese people will be very reluctant to have consultations with a foreign doctor. Very reluctant...think about that fact.

by Gaby (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread