Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Over stayid in and wants go onback visit visa 2017/6/19 18:31
I was married to a japanese in Srilanka and lived in Thiland ,In he went to japan and never comes back?I got a 90 days vusa and went to looks for him,I stay'about one year in my friends ,but I couldnt find him,I walk in to the Immigration and tald my story and surrendered my self.They got all noted,fingerprints etc,and given me15 days visa to go back,so I left the country ,now I wants go on a visit visa,will I have problem in the Air port ?
by Swarna Rajamanthri (guest)  

Re: Over stayid in and wants go onback visit visa 2017/6/19 20:31
It is very unlikely you will be able to return to Japan. There will be a file showing that you have overstayed on your previous trip. You can certainly try, but I think it is likely you will be refused entry to the country. Irrespective of the reason, overstaying is against the law.
by Dainichi Heater rate this post as useful

Re: Over stayid in and wants go onback visit visa 2017/6/19 20:57
From what you are saying, it looks like you were given a "departure order"; if that's indeed the case you can re-enter Japan after one year.

http://www.immi-moj.go.jp/english/tetuduki/index.html
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Over stayid in and wants go onback visit visa 2017/6/20 08:39
Still it is not guarantee that you can reenter Japan. But indeed you can try after 1 year after your departure date,
by justmyday rate this post as useful

Re: Over stayid in and wants go onback visit visa 2017/6/20 10:48
you need to stay in your country for 5years before you can be eligible to japanese visa.
how can you overstay for 1year searching for your husband?.
you did`t go to police station or city office . were you searching for him in the train station or shopping mall hehe?.
this story is confusing.
by chike20 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Over stayid in and wants go onback visit visa 2017/6/21 04:14
You can use the contact details from the link already provided in this thread.

Or you can contact the Japanese embassy in your home country.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Over stayid in and wants go onback visit visa 2017/6/21 11:07
Wow! 18 years ago? You didn't say that.

Probably at this point they don't care. However, best to check with the Embassy as Hakata-san says.
by Dainichi Heater rate this post as useful

Re: Over stayid in and wants go onback visit visa 2017/6/22 20:53
I saw a examaple of Indian guy who overstayed more than 5 years. he was deported to India. He again married another Japanese tourist in India. He could come back to Japan. He got PR too. Very strange!!!
by Normal (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread