Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Foreign graveyard in Japan 2017/7/6 20:25
We millions of Foreigners living, or study,work in Japan.But unfortunately some of our Friend Die every year while Living in Japan.Do you know Foreign graveyard Location in Japan,especially in Kansai region.How much yen needed For graveyard ?Does Health insurance cover graveyard cost.Do you tell website name,which provide us Details information.(2)Another option is to return Home Country.But if decease bank account has no sufficient yen,then Does social security agency or National Health insurance cover Air transport cost.
by John (guest)  

Re: Foreign graveyard in Japan 2017/7/7 10:49
go to city office and discuss with them .. i think they will born him free.
by chike20 rate this post as useful

Re: Foreign graveyard in Japan 2017/7/7 10:56
Do you know Foreign graveyard Location in Japan,especially in Kansai region.

There are several graveyards but none of them is especially designed to foreigners. There are even some graveyards mostly Japanese that accepted several Muslims defunct. Graveyards for foreigners? No. It even sounds like something from the past like the one in Yokohama.

How much yen needed For graveyard ?

A lot of money is needed. I am talking about several millions.

Does Health insurance cover graveyard cost.

No. Death is not recognized as an illness even if it is a disease we all have.
A lot of graveyards I saw in Japan are located inside a Japanese Shinto shrine. Several of my Japanese in-laws are in a shrine in Osaka. We have to make a donation (every year or two years?) to the shrine for prayers and cleaning.

Another option is to return Home Country.But if decease bank account has no sufficient yen,then Does social security agency or National Health insurance cover Air transport cost.
Absolutely not.
by Gaby (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Foreign graveyard in Japan 2017/7/7 18:51
Cremation would be done by the city if no next-of-kin claims the body - and generally cremation would be the only option even if paid for by family. Hence the shipping of cremains (just normal freight) would be cheap, but would require a person to arrange that for you. Unclaimed cremains get stored for some time and eventually wind up at a group shrine (I think).

As above, it would be very expensive to have a body shipped.
by Paul (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Foreign graveyard in Japan 2017/7/7 22:27
you have to BUY a graveyard by YOUR money as same as Japanese, and probably as same as in all other counties.
graveyards are generally in temples. not in shrines. you will be requested to pay maintenance fee (not donation) and some donation for praying.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread