Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Can i have baby with student visa in japan 2017/7/19 03:17
Hi, I'm one month pregnant and I already applied for student visa October intake. I will be 3months pregnant when I get to japan. Can I give birth while having student visa?
by Qiuzien  

Re: Can i have baby with student visa in japan 2017/7/19 10:22
Can you keep on studying, can you raise the child? It is not really whether the visa allows it, but please think about how your life will be affected with the child.
by .......... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Can i have baby with student visa in japan 2017/7/26 17:41
You can. There is no Japanese law prohibit people having children in Japan.

But you should be thoughtful anyway.
by Takacho1021 rate this post as useful

Re: Can i have baby with student visa in japan 2017/7/26 22:02
but, I think your student visa (status) becomes invalid, if you are absent from school temporarily, 休学, for raising a child.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Can i have baby with student visa in japan 2017/7/26 22:17
Obstetrics in Japan encourage mothers to basically stay at home for at least a month after giving birth to her baby. In other words, you will not be able to attend school for at least a month. Also, most if not all schools in Japan do not have facilities to have your baby taken care of. So you need to find a way to either stay with your infant or have him/her in extremely good hands, because pre-year-old infants need extra care and the mother will need to take care of her breast milk every few hours. You will be very lucky if you can give birth to your baby during a long school vacation, and be with a supporting dad to the baby. Hope these facts will help.
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: Can i have baby with student visa in japan 2017/7/26 23:18
So basically:
- She will be a student with an obligation to attend a certain number of classes (or hours) otherwise the student visa may be cancelled if the school report her.
- She might want work a little bit to pay the tuition, housing, food like many Nepalis I see at Seven/Lawson/Family Mart.
- She will have a baby to care of. Feed him/her, make him/her sleep etc....

So, unless Earth spins slower and days last 36 or 48 hours instead of 24 hours it will just impossible to do everything. Please don't even think about using a nursery, waiting lists are usually very very very long. Just be realistic.
by Gaby (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread