Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Use UFJ Visa in EU? 2017/8/7 07:54
I know that it is possible to use UFJ Visa card for cash withdrawals in France, but..

1. Should I notify my bank that I plan to be in France and be making large cash withdrawals regularly over about 1-2 months of vacation?

2. Is there a limit per day and/or how many days per week or so. I mean could I take out say 300,000 (in Euro of course) per week (assuming daily limit is 100,000) or something like that?

3. When I actually use the France ATM will the screen show me only euro or can I key in the (assumed) 100,000 yen limit and then the ATM will convert to equivalent euro?
by Max (guest)  

Re: Use UFJ Visa in EU? 2017/8/8 09:20
1. and 2. Ask the bank or refer to the documentation that came with your card.

3. No.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Use UFJ Visa in EU? 2017/8/8 09:33
agree with Firas
by justmyday rate this post as useful

Re: Use UFJ Visa in EU? 2017/8/8 15:09
You should always inform the bank that you will be abroad to remove the chance of your card being blocked. Certainly with my bank(UK) you can do it very easily on the website.
by Stan Norrell rate this post as useful

Re: Use UFJ Visa in EU? 2017/8/8 18:31
First off all. Always, always notify your bank. Believe me you don't want to arrive at a airport (10000 miles away from home) and then find out that you cannot use your card. It happened to me. And i had notify the bank. But since the debit card was new they had giving me another person debit card. In the end, I ended up with no cash and card to cash any money. Thankfully i had wifi access and the problem was fixed.

But to be sure, step by your bank personally and make sure it can be used abroad. And believe me, check it twice. Because I used the card like few days before the bank found out it was a mistake and block it.
by Hiikarii rate this post as useful

Re: Use UFJ Visa in EU? 2017/8/8 23:48
As everyone said for 1 and 2 you should ask your bank.
For the 3, you will only have euro if you're using an ATM in France. (It will be translated on your bank account with the fees of changement) When I'm using my french credit card in Japan, I can only have yen.
by Lydioune rate this post as useful

reply to this thread