Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hours in Japanese Universities 2017/8/9 07:35
Hello!
Next year I will be going to study at Hokkaido University, and I was wondering if anyone knew what the hours would be like. I think I will be on the JLCSP course, and I wanted to know how intense it'll be. I'm from England, so I usually only have around 9-10 hours a week of study, but I think I've heard it's much more than that in Japan.
Any sort of experiences or knowledge would be great to hear! Thank you!!
by Reileine (guest)  

Re: Hours in Japanese Universities 2017/8/9 14:31
I assume you have student visa.
Standard rule for having a student visa is:

All students are required to take a certain number of classes pertaining to their visa.
Students must take a minimum of 10 hours (around 7 classes) of classes per week to meet
visa requirement.

the amount of time depends on the course you follow. When I studied at a university in Japan I was studying 30 hours a week, excluding assignments at home. But I took some extra courses because I wanted to obtain a certain degree.
by justmyday rate this post as useful

Re: Hours in Japanese Universities 2017/8/13 14:16
Hi! sorry i can't be help answer you're question.
I was just wondering if their is a English degree program at Hokkaido university?
BTW, most people believe that Japanese people study much less after they get into university, but Hokkaido is still a pretty high-class university so I would think you probably have to study much more in average.
by pokds (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hours in Japanese Universities 2017/8/13 18:27
pokds;

Hokudai has a couple of degree programs taught in English - first their Japanese studies program (MJSP), but from this year a couple of sciences programs.

I would think 15 hours a week contact time would be normal. You are expected to complete 2 hours of self-study for every 1 hour of contact time.
by Dainichi Heater rate this post as useful

reply to this thread