Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

2 week Itinerary Japan Cherry Blossom 2017/9/2 10:44
I am planning a 2 week trip late March 2018. My proposed itinerary is as follows:

Tokyo 3 days
Hakone 1 night
Nagoya 1 day
Takayama 2-3 days including Shirawago, Magome/ Kiso Valley
Kanazawa 1 night
Hiroshima 1 night
Kyoto 3 days, 1 free day Kyoto

I am not sure whether it is worth adding in Osaka for 1 or 2 nights or extra time in Tokyo. i am not a foodie, but like sightseeing.

Thanks in advance for advice.
by gaby (guest)  

Re: 2 week Itinerary Japan Cherry Blossom 2017/9/2 11:26
Your proposed itinerary looks pretty packed already, I don't think there is a room for Osaka.
Which airport are you landing and departing?
by Gast (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 2 week Itinerary Japan Cherry Blossom 2017/9/2 16:45
thank you. Flying in Narita, out Kansai, but can change this if required.
by gaby (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 2 week Itinerary Japan Cherry Blossom 2017/9/2 16:47
Sorry i meant adding extra days to this itinerary.

Re: 2 week Itinerary Japan Cherry Blossom 2017/9/2 18:21
I am planning a 2 week trip late March 2018.

If you mean the second half of March, it is not the cherry blossom season in these places.
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

Re: 2 week Itinerary Japan Cherry Blossom 2017/9/2 22:20
@Frog1954 is right. Unless it is a mild winter you stand every chance of missing the cherry blossoms. It's still a great time to visit though.
by Stan Norrell rate this post as useful

Re: 2 week Itinerary Japan Cherry Blossom 2017/9/3 07:09
Magome / Kiso Valley is better accessed from Nagoya than Takayama.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 2 week Itinerary Japan Cherry Blossom 2017/9/3 07:11
If you can afford the cost and time to add more days. I would do so. Not specifically for Osaka, but you could do with more day at Kyoto, Tokyo and Hiroshima.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 2 week Itinerary Japan Cherry Blossom 2017/9/3 11:07
Thank you all. I really dont have much more time than 2 weeks. I can adjust the above to 4 days in TOkyo and leave out Osaka all together. ANy thoughts on Kamakura day trip? thank you

Re: 2 week Itinerary Japan Cherry Blossom 2017/9/3 12:37
Instead of Nagoya, I recommend you to add one more day to Tokyo for Kamakura.
Start your trip relatively early in the morning, around 9 o'clock.

From Tokyo station, take a JR Yokosuka train and get off at Kita-Kamakura station.
Start visiting Kamakura temples such as Kenchoji, Engakuji, Tsurugaoka shrine and go down to Kamakura station.
There, take an Enoden train bound for Fujisawa (I omit the details of changing. Donft forget purchasing a one-day ticket, 600 yen.), and get off at any station you like, but especially, at Hase station to visit the Great Buddah and Hase temple, and at Enoshima station to visit Enoshima island.
From Enoshima station (it will surely be pretty late in the afternoon), take again a train bound for Fujisawa, and at Fujisawa station (the terminal of Enoden), change for JR Line, and take a JR Tokaido Line train to come back to Tokyo station, or a JR Shinjuku-Shonan Line train to go to Shinjuku area. Your arrival will be early in the evening.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 2 week Itinerary Japan Cherry Blossom 2017/9/3 20:05
The schedule is not what I would pick because it does not look well put together, but there are several locations on the list in the second half of March where there WILL be good cherry blossom - but you need to know where to look in the locations you are going, and do your research into the types that will maximise your experience. However, it is not a particularly focused trip and does include several locations that will be TERRIBLE for a blossom based tour (as well as some quite places I would advise skipping - including Hakone and Osaka).
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

reply to this thread