Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 1 of 2: Posts 1 - 20 of 28

1 2
next

Spouse visa for my husband and son 2017/9/16 19:31
Hi does anybody encounter this kind of problem im a half japanese half filipina current staying her with my fiancee and son as a temporary visitor. My mom staying here right now with my step dad. Thats why were able to have a temporary visa of 90 days here at japan.
I'm gonna have a visa as a spouse/child of japanese visa but in still waiting for my hagaki.
Me and my fiancee plan to get married here so i can apply for spouse visa for him and for my son.and the guarantor will be my mom and step dad.
But the problem is that were running out of time.their visa will gonna expire on 28th of sept. And the philippine embassy schedule our wedding on the 27th.
I plan to past the requirements on the 28th on the japanese inmigration.
Their translated birth certificate,the translated marriage contract ,guarantee letter from my mom and step dad and the taxes that they paid.as a sponsor because i cant sponsor them i just gonna receive my visa to have a work here.
Is there any possibilities that their gonna stay here or they will let them depart and leave.
Please someone tell me what to do i want them to stay here with me.😭
by Jhurie  

Re: Spouse visa for my husband and son 2017/9/17 13:37
Are you a Japanese national or you're are here on a visa as well?
by ACF82 rate this post as useful

Re: Spouse visa for my husband and son 2017/9/17 13:48
I believe the OP is a "child of Japanese national."

Jhurie,
Speaking about the timing issue, can your Embassy issue the official marriage certificate on the same day of the marriage (and translation if needed)? You need to apply with Immigration "before" their current period of stay expires. No matter what, do NOT overstay (or let them overstay).

Also, since you will get the "spouse/child of Japanese national" resident status, YOUR spouse & child will get "dependent" status probably, and not "spouse/child of Japanese national"?
by ........ (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Spouse visa for my husband and son 2017/9/17 13:49
Sorry, maybe it is "long-term resident," not "dependent."
by ......... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Spouse visa for my husband and son 2017/9/17 14:32
Thanks for your reponse.

Yes the philippine embassy will issue our marriage certificate right after the ceremony.
And i will have the translated marriage contract on the 28th of sept.
Their visa will gonna expire on 28th of sept thats why i plan to run to immigration to pass their application.

Is there any possibilities that they will gave them a permission to stay?
And wait here for the approval of application.
My mom will be our sponsor coz i dont have a job and im still waitimg for my hagaki.
I already apply it last 24th of aug and im still waiting for it.
by Jhurie rate this post as useful

Re: Spouse visa for my husband and son 2017/9/17 14:44
Can someone tell me what are the possible requirements that i should bring to the immigration for the application of my son and husband to have a visa

Re: Spouse visa for my husband and son 2017/9/17 14:54
The question is incomprehensible. Please clarify the citizenship and current status of all the persons involved.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Spouse visa for my husband and son 2017/9/17 15:07
If the immigration office "accepts" your application for your spouse & child as long-term resident (or other status, now I am not sure), then they will be able to stay in Japan until they make a decision. When someone has their application being processed, they will get a stamp in their passports that say so.

However, now I notice that you yourself do not yet have your "child/spouse of Japanese" status, even though you have already applied for it. That means there is a chance that immigration might refuse their application as lacking a basis. In that case, they will need to leave Japan before their current visa expires...

So I am not sure which status you are referring to, when you say the visa for your husband and your son. You say your mother (nationality?) will be the guarantor - but can she be the guarantor for your spouse as well? (I am sure she can be for you, as your parent, but for YOUR spouse and son?)
by .......... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Spouse visa for my husband and son 2017/9/17 15:58
The question is incomprehensible. Please clarify the citizenship and current status of all the persons involve.
Im half japanese.and my husband is filipino
We have temporary visa.but i already applied my visa as a child of a japanese national

Re: Spouse visa for my husband and son 2017/9/17 16:24
The question is incomprehensible. Please clarify the citizenship and current status of all the persons involve.
Im half japanese.and my husband is filipino
We have temporary visa.but i already applied my visa as a child of a japanese national

The immigration office is more interested in your citizenship (what passport do you hold) than your ethnicity or race. Assuming that you and your soon-to-be husband and child are Filipino citizens, then he (husband) will not be eligible for a spouse visa - those are for spouses of Japanese citizens.
by Umami Dearest rate this post as useful

Re: Spouse visa for my husband and son 2017/9/17 16:46
My mother nationality is filipino and she is already permanent resident here in japan.
He is married with my japanese father and i have their koseki tohon.thats why the immigration allowed me to apply as a child of the japanese national.

My mother already called the immigrqtion to follow up my application and they said just wait for my hagaki.

I have a philippine passport so as my family.

Re: Spouse visa for my husband and son 2017/9/17 17:08
I think regardless on my visa because i know and i have faith that they will allowed me to stay here and they will gave me a visa because i have all the possible documents that they need.

My problem is if my family can stay here even their visa will expired on the day that i will apply a visa foŕ them?
And what kind of visa im i going to apply for them if i have a child of japanese national?

Re: Spouse visa for my husband and son 2017/9/17 17:24
What status do you currently have? If you are on Temporary Visitor, then until your status is changed there is no way your husband and son can get anything, as they will just be the husband/son of a visitor.

If/when your status is changed to spouse/child of Japanese, then they can apply for long-term resident, but not before.

Re: Spouse visa for my husband and son 2017/9/17 17:25
(This is as far as I know, as someone with non-Japanese family member, but I am not an immigration expert.)

No, it is not "regardless on my visa," because your spouse & son need you to have a family-based status already, based on which, as your family members, they will be eligible for a visa to stay further in Japan.

If you are still a Temporary Visitor in Japan, they will have no basis for staying beyond what Temporary Visitor status allows them to.

My problem is if my family can stay here even their visa will expired on the day that i will apply a visa foŕ them?

As I explained above, if immigration "accepts" your application for their visa, they can stay while it is being "processed." But if they do not accept it (for example lacking basis), they need to leave.

And what kind of visa im i going to apply for them if i have a child of japanese national?

My guess is Long-term Resident, but I am not sure. Please read the descriptions of different visa categories for different circumstances. You might have to consult an immigration lawyer. Also please note that this is "IF" you have the "child of Japanese national" status.
by .......... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Spouse visa for my husband and son 2017/9/17 17:33
Yes im waiting for my status to change first
Before i apply for them.

But the problem is if ever that i have my visa and we get married on the 27th because thats the embassy schedule us.
And i will apply their visa on 28th will they allow my son and husband to stay?
Because the exipire of the temporary visitor is on the 28th.
Or they will be deported on that day?
Im struggling because my son can't go back to the philippines without me he will surely cry to death without me.

Re: Spouse visa for my husband and son 2017/9/17 17:47
You can apply for your son's status change even before the marriage; he is your son anyway.

Re: Spouse visa for my husband and son 2017/9/17 20:38
Thanks so much for all of ur response and help.
I will update this forum after i receive my visa.
Hope that they allowed my family to stay coz we want to be together here for good.

Re: Spouse visa for my husband and son 2017/9/17 21:01
If a change of status application is submitted properly, the applicant can stay for up to two months after the expiration of their current status. This is well-known and should not need a reminder.

Re: Spouse visa for my husband and son 2017/9/17 21:51
Hi firas
Even if the day that i applied is the
End of their tempory visa?

Re: Spouse visa for my husband and son 2017/9/17 22:16
Hi firas
Even if the day that i applied is the
End of their tempory visa?

Page 1 of 2: Posts 1 - 20 of 28