Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tattoos in Japan 2017/9/21 08:45
Hi guys,

I am planning to go to Japan for a year to teach english but I'm really worried because tattoos are obviously not really accepted in Japan but I have four. They aren't big of showy but two are on my arms. I've heard a lot of bad things about having tattoos in Japan. Will it be hard for me to get a job and make friends?
by Katie louisa  

Re: Tattoos in Japan 2017/9/21 17:37
wear a long sleeve shirt to cover them
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

Re: Tattoos in Japan 2017/9/23 15:42
I teach English and my coworker has a tattoo on his arm. He just covers it with a long sleeve shirt.
by AngieBear rate this post as useful

Re: Tattoos in Japan 2017/9/25 09:17
i am native Japanese. Actually tattoo gave us scary impressions. (we associate it with Yakuza.) For business scene, because teacher must "act properly", it is better to cover tattoos as the other person says. For friends, you do not need to cover them, i think. only for the first time, we may feel you scary. but most of Japanese do not mention about tattoos od friends.
by Minopi rate this post as useful

Re: Tattoos in Japan 2017/9/27 10:13
I think it's ok as long as you cover them, but I wonder if people will be like "why you're wearing long sleeves in a 35 degrees summer day", cuz you know, summers in Japan are very, very tough
by Felipeoliveira rate this post as useful

reply to this thread