Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

yakushima ferry 2017/9/27 19:25
Hi,

I'm travelling to Yakushima from Oktober 1st until October 3rd. My challenge is, i've a flight from Osaka KIX on October 4th very early in the morning. My question is: Is it possible to book the ferry ticket from yakushima to Kagoshima in advance? Or is it not required? From Kagoshima i will take the shinkansen to osaka with my railpass, so that part is not the problem, but i fear a bit the ferry. Can it be fully booked or is there always a place?
by myxir (guest)  

Re: yakushima ferry 2017/9/28 16:49
Advance reservation is by call only. (ask at info desk of KIX)
(except High-speed ferry, but reservation form is JP only)
http://yakukan.jp/accs/index.html
(Click ferry icon and jump to each company's web, use Google translate)

In that period "Pink" icon ferry operate will be canceled by dock in for maintenance.
One is High-speed ferry, one is reguar speed cheaper, may a bit crowded than usual.
by Amonzi (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: yakushima ferry 2017/9/28 17:28
Thanks,

Justification. I mean the highspeed ferry. (toppy, hydro foil)

The page is in japanese only and translator fails due to website design.
by myxir (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: yakushima ferry 2017/9/28 20:19
The page is in japanese only and translator fails due to website design.

?? translates fine for me. (user issue rather than page design? - I've struck more difficult ones) if in doubt you can cut and paste into a translator.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: yakushima ferry 2017/9/28 20:22
The more important part of the answer - despite the confusing web site, you can do the reservation at the Kagoshima port when you get there. That includes your return on the 3rd and then you can get the shinkansen back up to Osaka.

(I've done it once - the place I stayed with my guests on Yakushima was one of the best trips that year.)
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

reply to this thread